Thread poster: Jelena Madunic
Jelena Madunic
Jelena Madunic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 17:45
English to Croatian
+ ...
Feb 19, 2008

Seeking advice on an issue I have been having with SDL Edit – it has been happening on regular basis now and I have become concerned. Every time I get to a certain point (translation unit) in the document I am translating, the program crashes and I get the following error:

S42subst.exe Application error
The instruction at “0x7c901010” referenced memory at “0x06c40954” could not be “read”. Click on OK to terminate the program.

Microsoft Visual ++ Runt
... See more
Seeking advice on an issue I have been having with SDL Edit – it has been happening on regular basis now and I have become concerned. Every time I get to a certain point (translation unit) in the document I am translating, the program crashes and I get the following error:

The instruction at “0x7c901010” referenced memory at “0x06c40954” could not be “read”. Click on OK to terminate the program.

Microsoft Visual ++ Runtime Library
Program: C:\Progra~1\SDLINT~1\SDLX\ S42subst.exe
R6025
- pure virtual function call

I tried to reinstall SDLX, but no help. Still keeps crashing. SDL support offers support only to those who pay for support, apparently, so I can't report the problem through my account (?).
Any ideas what might be wrong?
Collapse

Carlo Capussotti
Carlo Capussotti  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2020)
English to Italian
+ ...
Same prob here Feb 24, 2008

Hi Jelena

[CUT]

Microsoft Visual ++ Runtime Library
Program: C:\Progra~1\SDLINT~1\SDLX\ S42subst.exe
R6025
- pure virtual function call

Same problem here. Unfortunately I didn't manage to find a solution yet, and I refuse to pay SDL for support to their buggy software.

I'm investigating and as soon as I find a solution, I'll post it here.

Carlo

[Edited at 2008-02-24 11:02]

Gina Teixeira
Gina Teixeira  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Portuguese
+ ...
Me too! Feb 28, 2008

I also have the same problem and get the same message, as you...

It started about a week ago and although my licence includes support I didn't get any answer from SDL Support. Which is very unprofessional from their part, they sell their software and then aren't interest in clients problems!!

Hope someone finds the solution for this problem soon...

[Editada em 2008-02-28 16:32]

Gina Teixeira
Gina Teixeira  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Portuguese
+ ...
Solution to the problem! Mar 3, 2008

Here is the solution to our stressing problem:

When using the "Edit module” make sure that “AutoMatch” is turned off
You can turn AutoMatch off by selecting Tools -> Options -> AutoMatch
Make sure that all the AutoMatch options are not selected.

Hope it works for you, for me apparently solved the problem!

Have a nice day!

Gina

Zehra Bars (X)
Zehra Bars (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:45
English to Turkish
+ ...
Thank you! Jun 2, 2008

Hi Gina,

I had the same issue with SDL Edit and the workaround you
described solved the problem.
Many thanks !!

Kind regards,
Zehra

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
my computer had crashed --- Jun 5, 2008

Hi! two days ago and I had reinstalled everything but the sdl installation breaks half way. I may have tried this 20 times till now .On a repeated attempt to install it offers two options a) repair (disaster, again gets off) b) remove ( again gets out) I do not know what to do. I am using sdl trados 2006, still very careful with the newer product . Brandis

Jerzy Ozana
Jerzy Ozana  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
Thanks for this workaround Jul 9, 2008

This problem kept bugging me with one specific .itd file and your solution fixed it. It looks like SDLX had trouble replicating the segment with a lot of numbers and irregular characters in it.

Thank you!

Ingeborg Lossie
Ingeborg Lossie
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
crashing on particular segments Aug 17, 2008

Hi
I wasn't getting any error messages, just a dead SDLX on particular segments. Random SDLX has stopped working. When I skipped those segments I could carry on working but this workaround of turning off Automatch seems to work for this problem too! So thanks for sharing.

Sander Van de Moortel
Sander Van de Moortel  Identity Verified
China
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mine Aug 28, 2008

My SDL X or SDL Trados 2007 Synergy won't even launch. No reply from their part. That's a waste of perfectly good money.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Edit keeps crashing

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »