Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:47
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Feb 19, 2008

G'day everyone

I'm not a regular Trados user and I need to find a way to tell clients of mine how to do the following. If they send me a TTX file, it is an untranslated, unilingual file. I translate TTX files in Wordfast (potentially also OmegaT), and to do this, I need the TTX file to be a bilingual file with source text and target text the same.

At the moment, I simply open the TTX file in Trados, then go "Next segment", "Copy source", "Next segment", "Copy source" etc until all segments are done. With AutoIt scripting this takes a couple of seconds even for long files (no, I don't do it manually).

But I'm sure there must be a way in Trados to say "autotranslate with 100% fuzzy threshold against an empty memory and copy source to target if no match is found". Well? How does one do it?

Thanks!
Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

Jussi Rosti  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:47
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
A checkbox in Trados Workbench Feb 19, 2008

Samuel Murray wrote:

But I'm sure there must be a way in Trados to say "autotranslate with 100% fuzzy threshold against an empty memory and copy source to target if no match is found". Well? How does one do it?

In Workbench there is a checkbox called "Copy source on no match". Haven't used it, but might help you.

Good luck!

Annelise Meyer  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:47
English to French
+ ...
Segment unknown sentences Feb 19, 2008

Hi Samuel,

yes there is a way I use when translating files in SDLX rather than in Trados: choose Tools/ Translate in Trados, then type 100% or higher match value and select the check box Segment unknown sentences, before running the translation. That way your file will be bilingual.

Cheers,

Annelise

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:47
English to French
+ ...
That's exactly it Feb 19, 2008

Jussi Rosti wrote:

In Workbench there is a checkbox called "Copy source on no match". Haven't used it, but might help you.

When you go to Tools > Translate, in the popup, this checkbox is there. If you check it, it will produce a TTX file with source and target segments, but the target will be the same as the source.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to source=target a TTX file

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs