Thread poster: Francesc Pont
Francesc Pont
Francesc Pont  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:10
English to Catalan
+ ...
Feb 20, 2008

Hello everyone,

Given that some of my customers are really asking me to do it, I have almost decided buying a copy of SDL Trados 2007 Freelance. However, I have a vital doubt: I work on 3 different computers (one at home, another at my parents' and my laptop for my frequent trips abroad)... will it be possible to install the software with its licence on all 3 computers? Please note that I don't mean working simultaneously from 3 networked computers (then I'd obviously need the Profe
... See more
Hello everyone,

Given that some of my customers are really asking me to do it, I have almost decided buying a copy of SDL Trados 2007 Freelance. However, I have a vital doubt: I work on 3 different computers (one at home, another at my parents' and my laptop for my frequent trips abroad)... will it be possible to install the software with its licence on all 3 computers? Please note that I don't mean working simultaneously from 3 networked computers (then I'd obviously need the Professional version)...

Thanks for your help!

Francesc
Collapse

William Pairman
William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
No problem Feb 20, 2008

I don't know if theres a limit but Ive never reached it - I have Trados on 2 computers, plus I have had to reinstall in the past, or bought a new computer and there's never been a problem. You register on the SDL Trados site and then you keep going back there when you need to install on a new computer or reinstall or whatever

¡Sort!

Jussi Rosti
Jussi Rosti  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:10
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
I recall the license is for 2 comps Feb 20, 2008

Not sure, though, check the license terms.

William Pairman
William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
It does say something about 2 computers Jussi - Feb 20, 2008

but the thing is its quite possible, as I posted above, that you need to reinstall, or you buy a new computer or whatever. In practice, you login to the Trados site, go to the downloads page and re-download whatever it is you need. I must have done this 5 or 6 times now for one reason or another.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing SDL Trados 2007 Freelance on multiple computers

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »