Peter Ramakers  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:12
Member (2007)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Feb 22, 2008

Hi,

When adding new entries for the same term but for different cases in Multiterm 7, MT always merges the entries, regardless of whether I click 'Add' or 'Update entry'.

What I want is simple: a separate entry for a word with the first letter in lower case and another one with the first letter in upper case. Now I have to toggle through the different versions in the same entry. Worse still, in the MT box in the workbench a duplicate entry occurs, even when I explicitl
... See more
Hi,

When adding new entries for the same term but for different cases in Multiterm 7, MT always merges the entries, regardless of whether I click 'Add' or 'Update entry'.

What I want is simple: a separate entry for a word with the first letter in lower case and another one with the first letter in upper case. Now I have to toggle through the different versions in the same entry. Worse still, in the MT box in the workbench a duplicate entry occurs, even when I explicitly make sure there is only one entry in the termbase, forcing me to toggle through FOUR options (two of which are duplicates) to go to the next term. (I hope all this makes sense).

Is there a way of getting round this?

Many thanks,

Peter
Collapse

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:12
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Yes, I know the scenario of toggling through four options Feb 22, 2008

However, there must be two entries twice over in the termbase, even if one in each case created itself, as it were. You can subsequently delete two of them from the termbase.

Astrid

Peter Ramakers
Peter Ramakers  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:12
Member (2007)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
not quite clear Mar 3, 2008

Hi Astrid,

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean. You mean there must be one entry for lower case and one entry for upper case?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Case and Multiterm 7 entries

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »