Alfonso Perpiña-Robert Navarro
Alfonso Perpiña-Robert Navarro  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:11
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 23, 2008

I've got a doc with several numbers (i.e $8,054.23) that need to be edited but when I click "open next" TagEditor skips them. ¿Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Alfonso

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
Workaround Feb 23, 2008

TE does skip segments only containing numbers, which is not practical when you have to edit (or translate) decimal points and thousands separators. But it does

So, a workaround is to search for them manually, either in TE or in the application for the resulting file format. If you search and replace in TE, you have to "un-protect" the document (Tools > Options > Protection tab > deselect Protect document under Documen
... See more
TE does skip segments only containing numbers, which is not practical when you have to edit (or translate) decimal points and thousands separators. But it does

So, a workaround is to search for them manually, either in TE or in the application for the resulting file format. If you search and replace in TE, you have to "un-protect" the document (Tools > Options > Protection tab > deselect Protect document under Document Protection.

If there is a better way of doing this, please let me know.

Jørgen
Collapse

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
replace dollar sign with a letter/word Feb 23, 2008

If all numerals are preceded with a dollar sign, I would replace these signs with a (the same) letter or something like USD. Than the segments will be opened. After translation replace all occurrences of this letter (including in source text) with the dollar sign. It's just a workaround, no solution

Alfonso Perpiña-Robert Navarro
Alfonso Perpiña-Robert Navarro  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great workaround. Feb 24, 2008

Thanks a lot Jorgen. The workaround worked out fine!!
Thanks a lot ReenevB. Now I've got 2 workarounds!!

Regards,

Alfonso

Rosa Alves
Rosa Alves  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:11
German to Portuguese
+ ...
what about the TM? Feb 25, 2008

Alfonso Perpiña-Robert Navarro wrote:

I've got a doc with several numbers (i.e $8,054.23) that need to be edited but when I click "open next" TagEditor skips them. ¿Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Alfonso

Dear All,

I am a beginner with TRADOS (I used to work with Transit) and I spent the whole week-end figuring how I could edit numbers in TagEditor. It's clear now, thanks to this post, but my problem is that the client is asking for the TM, so I would like to update the TM with the numbers, without changing the source text of course. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks a lot!
BR
Rosa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor skips translation units that contain numbers

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »