100% matches not inserted
Thread poster: Shaila Kamath

Shaila Kamath  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 12:57
Member (2006)
French to English
Feb 24, 2008

I have SDL Trados 2007. Suddenly I am having this problem. 100% matches are not being inserted in the segments, nor is WB showing the matches. Would be glad if anyone could suggest a solution for this problem.

Incidentally, I had imported a new file into the TM. Could this have led to the problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:27
English to German
+ ...
Glad you asked. Feb 24, 2008

I am having the very same problem right now. No, I did not import a new file.

20.000 words however make a huge difference, and they simply won't show. They show in the analysis, and that's it. Fuzzy matches were inserted.

Thanks so much for posting this question at this time, Shaila!

India
Member (2006)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
100 % matches not inserted Feb 24, 2008

Nicole Schnell wrote:

I am having the very same problem right now. No, I did not import a new file.

20.000 words however make a huge difference, and they simply won't show. They show in the analysis, and that's it. Fuzzy matches were inserted.

Thanks so much for posting this question at this time, Shaila!

Even I managed to solve the problem. I reduced the minimum concordance to 70 % in the TM options.

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:27
English to French
+ ...
Penalties Feb 24, 2008

I suggest you check your penalties settings in the TM options window. Reducing the concordance % can help - but it is not the proper way to deal with this situation. Trados should insert 100% without reducing the concordance %. It may be convenient for you now, but what if you only wanted to insert 100% but no fuzzies? Your solution then would be worthless.

I keep most of my penalties at zero - this ensures that I get the maximum number of matches for each segment. So what if the formatting is different? I can reformat manually, which is still much better than translating from scratch...

Kaiya J. Diannen  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2008)
German to English
Me too Feb 24, 2008

Maybe SDL Trados 2007 has hit some internal deadline and has now decided to explode. (Workbench 7.1.0.719)

Today I suddenly started getting "TW4Win.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." messages when running a certain concordance search.

I repaired, reinstalled, reregistered, nothing seemed to help... I do have it running, but I won't even try the same search I did before for fear that it will just close again.

NOW I'm getting the lack of matches - on matches I KNOW are there because a) I did them 2 days ago, and b) when I do a simple search of the .txt TM export, they are all still there.

No concordance % or penalties adjustments are fixing this for me.

I think it's related to the TW4Win problem, but for the life of me I can't figure out what's going on. This program is killing me right now

[Edited at 2008-02-24 16:11]

India
Member (2006)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
penalties Feb 24, 2008

Viktoria Gimbe wrote:

I suggest you check your penalties settings in the TM options window. Reducing the concordance % can help - but it is not the proper way to deal with this situation. Trados should insert 100% without reducing the concordance %. It may be convenient for you now, but what if you only wanted to insert 100% but no fuzzies? Your solution then would be worthless.

I keep most of my penalties at zero - this ensures that I get the maximum number of matches for each segment. So what if the formatting is different? I can reformat manually, which is still much better than translating from scratch...

Thanks Victoria for your suggestion. I will keep this in mind. The problem was formatting I think in my file...........

Kaiya J. Diannen  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2008)
German to English
User error Feb 24, 2008

Well, lo and behold, in my case this appears to be user error.

I still can't account for the TW4win.exe errors, but I was able to solve my particular concordance problem.

It seems that when I did all that reinstalling and re-creating of TMs, somehow Workbench was automatically setting English as the *source* language instead of the *target* language - and I didn't catch it.

Shame on me.

Time for a nap I think... I hope anyone else with the same or similar problem can find just as "easy" a solution!

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 09:27
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
When in danger or in doubt... Feb 24, 2008

It seems that when I did all that reinstalling and re-creating of TMs, somehow Workbench was automatically setting English as the *source* language instead of the *target* language - and I didn't catch it.

run in circles
cream and shout

I did my share of it (here!), to be honest.

Regards and back to business

smo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

100% matches not inserted

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs