Verdeflor
Verdeflor
Germany
Local time: 03:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 25, 2008

Hello:

Can someone help me? I'm trying to use the T-Window for Excel, but the WB toolbar is greyed out. I try with "connect to WB" from "tools", but it still doesn't work.

I would be really grateful if you can give me ideas of what I can do.

Thankyou very much,

Verdeflor

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
What version? Feb 26, 2008

What version of Trados are you using?

If it's not a very old version, you shouldn't be using T-windows but TagEditor for translating Excel files.

Verdeflor
Verdeflor
Germany
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 6 Freelance Feb 26, 2008

Hi Jorgen (sorry, I can't get your correct "o"):

I'm using Trados 6 Freelance. I ended up figuring out my problem: I have to move manually from row/column to row/column (setting the numbers/letters). I thought the programme searched the text automatically, but it doesn't. I either don't know how to do it, or it doesn't work corrrectly (I have been trying with the navigation bar).

Is it better to use TagEditor? I am completely new with Trados and I am just finding o
... See more
Hi Jorgen (sorry, I can't get your correct "o"):

I'm using Trados 6 Freelance. I ended up figuring out my problem: I have to move manually from row/column to row/column (setting the numbers/letters). I thought the programme searched the text automatically, but it doesn't. I either don't know how to do it, or it doesn't work corrrectly (I have been trying with the navigation bar).

Is it better to use TagEditor? I am completely new with Trados and I am just finding out how it works to do some urgent work now. I have already done some things with Word and it was very helpful, so if it ends up working with Excel, it can save me a lot of time.

After I finish what I have to do now, I will study the whole programme more carefully.

Best regards,

Verdeflor

[Edited at 2008-02-26 10:32]
Collapse

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
Use TagEditor Feb 26, 2008

If you have TagEditor (or TE), you should definitely use it for Excel files. T-Windows is a relic from the ancient times when Trados couldn't handle Excel files otherwise and T-windows was never very efficient nor very fast for that matter.

With TE, you can translate both Excel, Powerpoint and even Word files. Excel files may take some time to open and save, but once you've saved it the first time (which may take several minutes), there are usually no speed problems.

If
... See more
If you have TagEditor (or TE), you should definitely use it for Excel files. T-Windows is a relic from the ancient times when Trados couldn't handle Excel files otherwise and T-windows was never very efficient nor very fast for that matter.

With TE, you can translate both Excel, Powerpoint and even Word files. Excel files may take some time to open and save, but once you've saved it the first time (which may take several minutes), there are usually no speed problems.

If Excel files are still slow to work with, there are workarounds, so just ask again

BR Jørgen
Collapse

Verdeflor
Verdeflor
Germany
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Feb 26, 2008

I ended up figuring out how T-windows for Excel works. As you suggest, it is not 100% effective, but it has helped me (after solving some problems).
As I said, as soon as I'm done with my current project, I'll start looking at the rest of the features of Trados, TE among them. Next time I will use it (or I'll try). Thanks for your offer to help me.
Have a nice week!
Best wishes,
Verdeflor

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench toolbar greyed out in T-Window for Excel

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »