Mobile menu

Add text field info "on the fly" for some segments
Thread poster: Cecilia Falk

Cecilia Falk  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:26
English to Swedish
Feb 25, 2008

Here is what I would like to able to do:

While I am translating I would like to be able to add a text field with extra info to certain segments.

Some sentences are "written in stone" and are not allowed to be changed. For 100% matches this is no problem, but when they come up as fuzzy matches (when only for example the name of a substance is different) or in the Concordance window I would like to have them clearly marked out

At the moment I close the segment, then reopen it, right click in the Trados window and add a specifik text in the Text Field. Could this be automatised in some way? (I prefer to to use Attribute fields for this, but if there is a solution that only applies to them, that is also fine.)

Note! I only need to add this field for less than a 10th of the segements, not to all segments I process, so just setting a value in Project Settings is not applicable.

I am using Trados 6.5 and Word 97 (yes, I find it much more stable than the later versions).

Best regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add text field info "on the fly" for some segments

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs