Mobile menu

Problems with QA Checker 2.0
Thread poster: aternes

aternes
Local time: 12:28
Feb 26, 2008

Hello all,

I have two problems with QA Checker 2.0 in conjunction with tagged FrameMaker files.

When checking the translated documents for forgotten and empty translations, I receive error messages for missing translations that are basically untranslatable.

In the mif.rtf.ttx-document there are two tags labelled and , which correspondent to the entries "DFNoteLabels" and "DTblFNoteLabels" in the original mif-file (FrameMaker 7 and 8).
These tags are followed by the character string *†‡ (if the characters don't come through in the forum, that is asterisk, dagger and double dagger; u002A, u2020, u2021). This tag is definitely not translatable in TagEditor, but displayed as an error (missing translation) in QA Checker 2.0.

The second problem occurs when a placeable, e.g. a number, is the only content of a translation segment. Then this tag is also not translatable in TagEditor, but displayed as an error (missing translation) in QA Checker 2.0.

How can I get rid of these error messages? Is there a setting that I miss, is it a bug, or is this an intended behaviour?
Working on projects with approx. 40 files these error messages can sum up to more than 100, which makes it very difficult to find the "real" errors.

Thanks in advance and greetings from Duisburg
Andreas

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Exception List Feb 26, 2008

You may want to use the exception list feature to get around that. TBH, I don't know which version you're talking about (I use SDL Trados 2007 SP2 and the QA checker doesn't show any version numbers, or at least I couldn't find any.)

What I find much more annoying is that after all those years, SDL still haven't managed to ensure that the screen output is centered on the current Translation Unit, search result or QA checker result. They often end up at the bottom of the screen so you can only see the very top of the text.

Also, they've introduced a bug in that the "Different translation for same source" message doesn't quote the first occurrence of the translation in question any more but actually the current one - which isn't much help at all.

Regards,

Benjamin

aternes
TOPIC STARTER
QA Checker 2.0 Feb 26, 2008

Hi Benjamin

The QA Checker 2.0 is part of SDL Trados 2007 Pro SP2, and it was newly introduced with SP2. You can access it via "Projekt > Überprüfungs-Plug-ins..." (I don't know the English menu item).

With the options on the tab control "Segments to Exclude" I can only exclude "perfect matches", "exact matches", "fuzzy matches down to xx" and "new translations". There is no possibility to define custom settings.

Andreas

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Button Feb 26, 2008

There's an Exclusion List button on the Segment Verification page. That's what I've been using all the time over the last few days and it works just fine for me.

HTH,
Benjamin

aternes
TOPIC STARTER
Exclusion list in QA Checker Feb 27, 2008

Hi Benjamin,

the exclusion list you mentioned is available in the "old" QA Checker" only (i.e. before SP2 was published). It is not available in QA Checker 2.0.

I will try to check my documents with the "old" QA Checker.

Thanks for your help
Andreas

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Wow Feb 27, 2008

I hadn't even noticed there's a second QA checker entry further down in the list, and I only have T2007 SP2 installed, no previous version. But I just looked at QA Checker 2.0 and it also has that button...? So I don't really know what you're saying.

Regards,
Benjamin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with QA Checker 2.0

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs