Thread poster: quincey

quincey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:18
Member (2006)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Feb 26, 2008

When trying to open a file in TagEditor I get the message '50022 - This version of Workbench doesn't support v.700 memories'. I currently have Trados 6.5 Freelance 6.5. Does this mean that I will have to upgrade to a more recent version of Trados?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Stephen Mewes

Direct link Reply with quote

Oscar Martin
Local time: 20:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Trados compatibility problem Feb 26, 2008

What kind of format is it? There are some kind of formats that are not compatible with Trados 6.5. For instance, inx (Indesign CS2) or .doc files (to be translated with TE) cannot be translated with TE 6.5.

Can you give us more info?

Original format:
TM (have you created importing a txt from the client, etc.)?

Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:18
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
ask an export of the TM Feb 26, 2008

If your problem is with the TM, you could ask for a TXT version of the TM (an export). You could import this TXT file into a TM you create yourself. Trados 6.5 does not support T7 memories.

If your problem is with the file to be translated: see omartins reply.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados compatibility problem

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs