Thread poster: Anja Green (X)
Anja Green (X)
Anja Green (X)
United States
Local time: 03:48
English to German
+ ...
Feb 27, 2008

I have been using SDL Trados 2006 for a while but I am new to TagEditor, so I don't know if the issue is due to me doing something wrong or a true error.

For my current (and very first TE) project, I wanted to save my ttx file as bilingual and TE let's me actually go through most of the saving process but at the end of it, shuts down and shows "Fatal Execution Engine Error (0x7927f26e)". Now I know these are never good but I'm still hoping this can be fixed somehow.

If
... See more
I have been using SDL Trados 2006 for a while but I am new to TagEditor, so I don't know if the issue is due to me doing something wrong or a true error.

For my current (and very first TE) project, I wanted to save my ttx file as bilingual and TE let's me actually go through most of the saving process but at the end of it, shuts down and shows "Fatal Execution Engine Error (0x7927f26e)". Now I know these are never good but I'm still hoping this can be fixed somehow.

If I then try to open the file I saved as bilingual (yes, it actually appears in my Windows Explorer), it does not work and displays "Error 40005: Unknown Exception".

I would very much appreciate if any of you experienced TagEditor users could walk me through what is happening here. I should already be translating away but am still wasting precious time on technical issues.

Thank you so much in advance!

AG
Collapse

Optiproz Pri (X)
Optiproz Pri (X)
Local time: 10:48
English
Fatal Execution Engine Error Feb 27, 2008

Hi

I never heard about this error before but try this:

Try first to restart your machine and try to work again with TE.

If this doesn´t help:

First you should uninstall SDL Trados 2006 through the Add and Remove Panel.

Then download and use the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility to uninstall all .Net Framework and any Hotfixes for i
... See more
Hi

I never heard about this error before but try this:

Try first to restart your machine and try to work again with TE.

If this doesn´t help:

First you should uninstall SDL Trados 2006 through the Add and Remove Panel.

Then download and use the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility to uninstall all .Net Framework and any Hotfixes for it.
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe

Then try re-installing .Net Framework.. You need at least 1.1:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

and then you should install 2.0:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

After you did this reinstallation, install Sdl Trados again.

If you have Windows Vista please make sure you have SDL Trados 2007 because this is the only version that will work with Vista.

Note: If your customer save the file in a higher version then yours it will not work. Also it will not work when you try to save it into only target language with "save target as..."

PDF files are normally not supported of SDL Trados 2006 or 2007. You will find the supported files in the "File format reference guide" within the DOC folder under C:\Program files\SDL International\SDL Trados 2006 FL\

Cheers

[Edited at 2008-02-27 19:57]

[Edited at 2008-02-28 09:29]
Collapse

Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:48
English to Swedish
+ ...
Restart computer Feb 27, 2008

I can't explain why it happens, but this has happened to me and was resolved by closing down Trados and restarting the computer, if you have not already tried that.

You are trying to save a ttx.file, a ttx.file is already bilingual. You could just try Ctrl+S to save it.

Did you get a ttx-file to start with or what format was the original file?

Also, it may be that your Trados version is too old for the file you have been given.

Kind regards
... See more
I can't explain why it happens, but this has happened to me and was resolved by closing down Trados and restarting the computer, if you have not already tried that.

You are trying to save a ttx.file, a ttx.file is already bilingual. You could just try Ctrl+S to save it.

Did you get a ttx-file to start with or what format was the original file?

Also, it may be that your Trados version is too old for the file you have been given.

Kind regards
Anette
Collapse

Anja Green (X)
Anja Green (X)
United States
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
restarting does not help Feb 27, 2008

Anette, thank you for your input. Restarting does not resolve the issue, nor does saving in all possible ways (save, save bilingual, save target, Ctrl+S, etc.).

I did get a ttx file to begin with. The original file was a pdf, which I have as well, and the client has processed it for TagEditor.

How do I know the file is too old to be compatible with what I use (SDL Trados 2006 Freelance)? I will not be able to reach anyone on the client side until tomorrow, so I can't as
... See more
Anette, thank you for your input. Restarting does not resolve the issue, nor does saving in all possible ways (save, save bilingual, save target, Ctrl+S, etc.).

I did get a ttx file to begin with. The original file was a pdf, which I have as well, and the client has processed it for TagEditor.

How do I know the file is too old to be compatible with what I use (SDL Trados 2006 Freelance)? I will not be able to reach anyone on the client side until tomorrow, so I can't ask right now. And if it really is a compatibility issue, is there any way to fix it from my end or does the client just have to save it in a different format?

Thanks again!

AG
Collapse

Anja Green (X)
Anja Green (X)
United States
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@ Rykardo: Thank you! Feb 27, 2008

For some reason I cannot see your reply anymore but I did follow your suggestions concerning .NET and it worked! Thank you so much!!! You have no idea how relieved I am.

Maybe this .NET situation would also fix my problem with Multiterm? I wonder ... It has been having similar issues and error messages so I just gave up and didn't use it because the problem was not urgent enough so far.

Again, thanks for your input!

AG

Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:48
English to Swedish
+ ...
Ask the client Feb 28, 2008

AGTrans wrote:

How do I know the file is too old to be compatible with what I use (SDL Trados 2006 Freelance)? I will not be able to reach anyone on the client side until tomorrow, so I can't ask right now. And if it really is a compatibility issue, is there any way to fix it from my end or does the client just have to save it in a different format?

AG

You would have to ask the client if they have a newer version than you, but now the issue is resolved which is what is so great about proz.com. The instant help you can get when you need it.

All the best,

Anette

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:48
English to French
+ ...
Ask the client v. 2.0 Feb 28, 2008

I would ask the client before doing anything else. It could be they used a more recent version of TE than yours, it could be they forgot to specify something you needed to do with the file before translating it or a setting you needed to activate before getting the job done. In any case, if your client is a company (agency), chances are they have the agency version of the CAT tool as well, in which case they have free tech support, which you don't unless you paid for ir extra. You are paid to tr... See more
I would ask the client before doing anything else. It could be they used a more recent version of TE than yours, it could be they forgot to specify something you needed to do with the file before translating it or a setting you needed to activate before getting the job done. In any case, if your client is a company (agency), chances are they have the agency version of the CAT tool as well, in which case they have free tech support, which you don't unless you paid for ir extra. You are paid to translate, and when you are "bedugging" faulty documents or issues with the software itself, nobody is paying you and you are wasting precious time. I think any professional client would understand this and make sure they look into the problem so you can concentrate on your work. Come to think of it, this kind of problem can lead to you delivering late, and in such cases, you are the only one who will be blamed.

While we're at it, any issue, whether CAT tool related, document-related or anything else, needs to be brought to the client's attention as soon as it arises. This also helps your client because they can change the deadline way before reaching it to avoid late delivery, they can look into the issue, ask their employees if there may be something wrong with the file, etc. Always start by telling the client you have issues and wait for their instructions. Don't get in over your head. Technical issues are not what you should be working on. That is one of the reasons the agency takes their cut for - let them do their job and then concentrate on yours.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

saving files in TagEditor - VERY URGENT

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »