Thread poster: Kristina M (X)
Kristina M (X)
Kristina M (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:45
English to German
+ ...
Feb 28, 2008

Hello,

This is my first time using this forum. Here's hoping for help.

I am using SDL Trados 2006 on an XP machine. I have never really liked the TagEditor, and I guess my current dilemma adds to my misgivings.

I am getting the following error (googling has not produced anything useful):

Document structure error:

Shape types differ between documents (presentation - T
... See more
Hello,

This is my first time using this forum. Here's hoping for help.

I am using SDL Trados 2006 on an XP machine. I have never really liked the TagEditor, and I guess my current dilemma adds to my misgivings.

I am getting the following error (googling has not produced anything useful):

Document structure error:

Shape types differ between documents (presentation - TextBox:
INWEAR GROUP A/S, TRADOSTag document - INWEAR GROUP
A/S
spacewithin="1" spacebefore="0.2" spaceafter="0"
mask="16"/>). Please check if the structure of
TRADOSTag document or the presentation was changed.

-------------------------------

What can I do to solve this problem? Short of manually copying and pasting the translated segments into the PowerPoint file, of course.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kristina
Collapse

Sergey Savchenko
Sergey Savchenko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 05:45
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
Translate the source once again - automatically Feb 28, 2008

Hi Kristina
Perhaps it would help to make an automatic translation of the source file using the TM? It you somehow changed the structure when translating manually, the machine translation won't do it.

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:45
English to French
+ ...
Are all tags in your translation? Feb 28, 2008

Did you copy all tags in the target segments - none are missing or incorrect? Also, was the source document changed in any way since you began translating it? All these things can cause a failure in the conversion to original format, AFAIK.

You can run the Tag Verifier function in TagEditor to check if your tags are correct.

HTH,
Marie-Claude

Nicolas Coyer (X)
Nicolas Coyer (X)  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 21:45
Spanish to French
+ ...
Target file Feb 28, 2008

I know I had trouble saving excel file as target files from TE once only because the original source (xls) file wasn't in the target folder (and should probably be the same as the ttx file as well, although I am not 100% sure) and be overwritten.Who knos?
You might facing the same problem. Although I don't recall seeing the same messages you quoting.

Good luck!

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 04:45
English to Swedish
+ ...
Translate to fuzzy Feb 29, 2008

Kristina M wrote:

What can I do to solve this problem? Short of manually copying and pasting the translated segments into the PowerPoint file, of course.

There is never any justification to copy/paste manually what you already have in your TM!
Just open a fresh copy of the source file again and "Translate to fuzzy", as it has already been suggested.
And this time, with strict tag verification on.

/Jan

[Edited at 2008-02-29 10:42]

Maren Mentor
Maren Mentor  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:45
English to German
Worked for me! Mar 20, 2009

... years after the fact, i.e. the original problem, I would like let it be known that opening a new copy of the original and re-translating it worked for me.

One caveat, though, my document contained quite a few special characters that caused undesirable segmentation so that the segment had to be expanded in order for me to get the full sentence. This might have been the root of the problem, because it messed up my tags.

So I accepted the fuzzy translation and post-ed
... See more
... years after the fact, i.e. the original problem, I would like let it be known that opening a new copy of the original and re-translating it worked for me.

One caveat, though, my document contained quite a few special characters that caused undesirable segmentation so that the segment had to be expanded in order for me to get the full sentence. This might have been the root of the problem, because it messed up my tags.

So I accepted the fuzzy translation and post-edited those special cells.

Thank you so much for this easy yet effective tip!

Maren
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot do Save Target As in TagEditor

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »