Mobile menu

How to translate .aspx file using TagEditor
Thread poster: April Kang
April Kang  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:56
English to Chinese
Feb 28, 2008

Hi there,

I got a website to translate. But instead of one .htm file for each web page, I received (.aspx, .aspx.cs and.aspx.resx ) three formats files for each web page. I can open .aspx file using TagEditor, but not the other 2 formats files.

Should I just translate .aspx file in the same way I translate .htm file?
What about the other 2 files? It seems that .aspx file contains everything in the corresponding web page.

Thanks in advance.

April

Direct link Reply with quote

Nicolas Coyer  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 06:56
Spanish to French
+ ...
RESX is XML based Feb 28, 2008

Hi April,

Maybe Catalyst would help (you would need to check directly with the editor though; see links below).
However, if you only own the lite version, you'll need to receive translation kits prepared in Catalyst Pro (ttk files).
http://www.alchemysoftware.ie/products/catalyst.html

Good luck,
Nicolas

April Kang wrote:

Hi there,

I got a website to translate. But instead of one .htm file for each web page, I received (.aspx, .aspx.cs and.aspx.resx ) three formats files for each web page. I can open .aspx file using TagEditor, but not the other 2 formats files.

What about the other 2 files? It seems that .aspx file contains everything in the corresponding web page.

Thanks in advance.

April

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 13:56
English to Swedish
+ ...
Trados version? Feb 29, 2008

April Kang wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks in advance.

April

Recent Trados versions have support for RESX, but you might have to fiddle with the filter Settings first.

As it says in the FAQ, always post the version number of the software you're using. Ie, are you running Trados 7, 7.5, 8.0, 8.2 or what?

/Jan

English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Feb 29, 2008

I will check. Thanks Nicolas.

Nicolas Coyer wrote:

Hi April,

Maybe Catalyst would help (you would need to check directly with the editor though; see links below).
However, if you only own the lite version, you'll need to receive translation kits prepared in Catalyst Pro (ttk files).
http://www.alchemysoftware.ie/products/catalyst.html

Good luck,
Nicolas

April Kang wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks in advance.

April

English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan. Feb 29, 2008

I am using Trados 8.0.0.820, so I should be able to open it. I will try again. Thanks.

J-a-n S-ndstr-m wrote:

April Kang wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks in advance.

April

Recent Trados versions have support for RESX, but you might have to fiddle with the filter Settings first.

As it says in the FAQ, always post the version number of the software you're using. Ie, are you running Trados 7, 7.5, 8.0, 8.2 or what?

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to translate .aspx file using TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs