Mobile menu

Section# or Paragraph# disappear when closing the unit
Thread poster: gacha75
gacha75  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:21
English to Japanese
Feb 29, 2008

Hello,

When I try to translate a sentence with section #, section# disappears when I open the translation unit.

For example,

1.2 Introduction

When I open this unit, the cursor is automatically put right after "1.2" and when I close the unit, "1.2" disappears both from the source language and the target language.
Could someone tell me how to solve this problem?

Thank you!

Gacha75

[2008-02-29 04:00に編集されました]

Direct link Reply with quote

Margreet Logmans  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:21
English to Dutch
+ ...
You don't Feb 29, 2008

Putting the # there happens by means of an automatic feature in MS Word and the problem is solved once you clean up the document.
You may need to update the table of contents after cleaning up; there's a function for that in MS Word as well.

Assuming you work with Trados and Word, something you didn't mention. It really would be much more helpful and effective if you would add information like that to your question.

gacha75  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:21
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Yes it's TRADOS 7.0 and MS WORD 2000 Feb 29, 2008

Margreet Logmans wrote:

Putting the # there happens by means of an automatic feature in MS Word and the problem is solved once you clean up the document.
You may need to update the table of contents after cleaning up; there's a function for that in MS Word as well.

Assuming you work with Trados and Word, something you didn't mention. It really would be much more helpful and effective if you would add information like that to your question.

Thank you Margreet,

Sorry I'm using Trados 7.0 and MS word 2000.
I cleaned it up but the number is still missing. What weird is usually those paragraph# just stays when you translate but only this one particular document they disappears. I didn't change any settings. When I open the translation unit, it just disappears altho cursor is located right after the #.(as usual)
I never had this problem before.

Yuko

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Section# or Paragraph# disappear when closing the unit

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs