Mobile menu

Spell checker not working / no Plugins available
Thread poster: Kathrin Wagner

Kathrin Wagner  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:14
English to German
Feb 29, 2008

my Trados version is 7.0 and I am working with Word 2003.

My problem is that since I installed Trados, the spell checker won't work anymore. When I open Tools/Plugins, the window is empty.
As I result Word doesn't respond anymore everytime I try to spell check documents. And I have to close it via Ctrl Alt Del.

I appreciate any help on this. It is a real hassle not being able to spell check documents.

Direct link Reply with quote
Neal Witkowski  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Similar problem Mar 7, 2008

Hi Katherine,

Unfortunately I can't help you, as I am having a similar but not identical problem. I have TRADOS 8 installed as well as MS Word versions 2003 and 2007. In TagEditor, when I go to plug-ins I have three possible spell checkers: WinterTree, Word, and Word 2.0. Unfortunately, neither of the Word checkers work at all. In both cases I get an error that the spelling dictionaries for the target language (English) are not installed, which is nonsense. They are fully functional when I work directly in Word. Perhaps the solution is the same to both of our problems. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kathrin Wagner  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:14
English to German
Reinstall? Mar 9, 2008

Hi Neal
all I can recommend is reinstall Trados and see what happens. I my case this way I got the spell check to work in TagEditor. But the problem in WORD persists.

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell checker not working / no Plugins available

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs