Mobile menu

Runtime ERROR - Trados Workbench
Thread poster: kozetot
kozetot
Local time: 00:19
Bulgarian to English
Mar 4, 2008

When I try to import a large .tmx file at the end of the importing I get the following message:

Runtime Error:
The application has requested runtime to close the application in unusual way. For more information contact software support.

Is there a way to fix this error. It only occurs with very big files during import.

Thank you all in advance.

Konstantin

Direct link Reply with quote

Suzanne Blangsted  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:19
Danish to English
+ ...
importing files Mar 5, 2008

I have at times had to divide my large files into smaller sections, which makes the project easier to handle both in translation and in clean-up.

I do that by sectioning the large file and saving each section of the large file by renaming each section according to its place, i.e., file name 1, file name 2, file name 3, etc. It is much easier to work with smaller files and then combine them after "clean-up", starting with #1 then inserting/adding #2, inserting/added #3, etc.

Suz

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Runtime ERROR - Trados Workbench

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs