Help: Trados next segment hides source
Thread poster: Thorson
Thorson
Thorson
Local time: 14:51
Danish to English
Mar 6, 2008

I'm new to Trados, and whenever I hit the set/close next open/get button in Trados it goes past the source field to the target field and I have to scroll back up to see the source.

Help with a fix would be much appreciated as this is really slowing me down.

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:51
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Make sure "show hidden text" in MSWord is checked Mar 6, 2008

Hi,

once you have translated and closed a segment, the source text is set to "hidden", so if you want to keep on seeing the hidden source text, you have to tick the "show hidden text" option in MSword. You can do this clicking on that sort of "P" symbol or via the dropdown menu tools - options.

Giuliana

Thorson
Thorson
Danish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks but you don't understand Mar 6, 2008

Thanks for your reply, but you don't understand the problem.

The source is off the window and not viewable--I have to scroll down each time to bring it into view to see it while I'm wrtiting the translation.

Marina Soldati
Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:51
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Zoom Mar 6, 2008

Hi Thorson!

Have you tried zooming out the page? This might help, or switch to Normal view (Word 2003). I can´t think of any other solution.

Regards,
Marina

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
More details, please Mar 6, 2008

Hi Thorson,

I'm new to Trados, and whenever I hit the set/close next open/get button in Trados it goes past the source field to the target field and I have to scroll back up to see the source.

Help with a fix would be much appreciated as this is really slowing me down.

Please provide more information, as requested on the new topic entry form in this forum:

When asking for help, make sure that you:
- indicate the file format(s) involved
- specify each software package that is relevant to your posting, identifying the version with the *full* version number
- describe the step(s) or process(es) which have triggered the problem.
This will help others to help you.

If you search this forum for "scrolling", you will find several related topics, including:

www.proz.com/topic/44038
www.proz.com/topic/42910

Best regards,
Ralf

Thorson
Thorson
Danish to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Mar 6, 2008

First link had the solution:

>
Always work in Normal view rather than in Page Layout or Outline view.When you work in Normal view,Word does not have to repaginate each time you start translating a new sentence.
To set Normal view,select Normal on the View menu in Word.
>

Alexander Kirsch-Clayton
Alexander Kirsch-Clayton
German to English
What about in Word 2007 Sep 10, 2008

I'm having this same problem, but in Word 2007, there is no "Normal" view, only Print Layout, Full Screen, Web Layout, Outline, and Draft.

I have always used Print Layout as "Normal" and never had any other problems. But now all of a sudden it jumps down to the next open segment and hides the source. There has to be a way to get it to stop.

Anyone experts using 2007 SP2 with Word 2007 out there wanna help me out?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help: Trados next segment hides source

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »