Thread poster: Markus Wahlgren

Markus Wahlgren  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 16:16
Member (2007)
English to Swedish
Mar 7, 2008

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you have this issue too. In Tageditor, while running (MS Word) spell check, and you stumble upon a word that is not in the dictionary - but you want it to be, so you click "add" to add it to the dictionary. Only problem is that it is not added and the next time you run the spell check and that word is found, it is treated as a word not in the dictionary. Pretty odd, and annoying.

SDL Trados 2007 Freelance SP2. My Word version is 2007 from the MS office 2007 suite.

Direct link Reply with quote

HansGeorg
English to German
+ ...
New word not added into Word 2007 dict. Jul 9, 2010

Markus Wahlgren wrote:

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you have this issue too. In Tageditor, while running (MS Word) spell check, and you stumble upon a word that is not in the dictionary - but you want it to be, so you click "add" to add it to the dictionary. Only problem is that it is not added and the next time you run the spell check and that word is found, it is treated as a word not in the dictionary. Pretty odd, and annoying.

SDL Trados 2007 Freelance SP2. My Word version is 2007 from the MS office 2007 suite.

Hi Markus,
I got the same problem of late (having updated Word 2003 to Word 2007), and it appears that we are the only ones facing this problem, otherwise somebody would have answered or are all others using that winter Tree spelling checker - it is fast but dumb.
Can anybody from the community help?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell check in Trados 2007 does not add new words

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs