Thread poster: Ian Jones

Ian Jones  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:52
German to English
+ ...
Mar 8, 2008

Hi

I am translating an Excel document in TagEditor and keep getting a message saying "Failed to create component Trados.ExcelTagFormatter2". Anybody know how to solve this problem? I am using Windows Vista with TagEditor 7.

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

jmadsen  Identity Verified
Compatibility? Mar 9, 2008

Is Vista fully compatibel with Trados 7? I'm not sure it is. What Office version are you using?

Jørgen

Spain
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Office 2003 Mar 9, 2008

Thanks for answering.

Am using Office 2003.

Maybe you're right. I have Vista on my desktop, which I am using right now, and Windows XP on laptop, which I normally use. I started the project on the laptop and am now working on the desktop - the one I use depends on where I am working. I go back to the laptop this evening, so maybe I can just run the document through with the memory.

Fernsucht  Identity Verified
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
problem solved? Mar 10, 2009

Hi there,

I have the same problem with Vista vs. Trados 7 TagEditor, but the funny thing is.. it used to work OK before I reinstalled Vista! Any help will be appreciated.

Ivan

Spain
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Upgrade Mar 10, 2009

Hi Ivan

I upgraded to the latest version of Trados and haven't had any problems since.

Good luck.

Regards

Ian

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Trados 7 not supported to run under Vista Mar 10, 2009

Only Trados 8.xx is. Either upgrade Trados, or downgrade your OS to XP.

Angela Rimmer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:52
Member (2014)
German to English
+ ...
I am having the same problem with Windows XP and Trados 2007 May 6, 2010

I am also translating an Excel document in TagEditor and keep getting a message saying "Failed to create component Trados.ExcelTagFormatter2". Anybody know how to solve this problem? I am using Windows XP (not Vista!) with Trados 2007. I have Office 2007, but this particular Excel document is an Excel 97-2003 document.

[Edited at 2010-05-06 13:18 GMT]

Milton Guo  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 08:52
English to Chinese
+ ...
Similar problem Mar 10, 2014

While I was using Cleanup function to generate the target Excel, I accidentally clicked on the Excel file being processed as the target and found, to my joy, that all translations were there already...I saved it instantly and my headache is gone now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Excel in TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs