Mobile menu

translation of properties files with TagEditor
Thread poster: T&I Contprest

T&I Contprest  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:35
English to Romanian
+ ...
Mar 9, 2008

I have several properties files (*.properties) to translate from English into Romanian. When I open the target files, the Romanian diacritics (such as ş, ţ, ă, î, â) do no longer display as such. I have turned around for two days trying to find out how I could solve this... Can anyone help?

Direct link Reply with quote

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:35
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Probably everything's OK Mar 9, 2008

Check with the client's engineers. I noticed that with German special characters once, asked and was told that everything looked fine.

The English source text also had some accented French words in it. Those characters didn't show up correctly in the original properties file either.

BTW, beware of TE and properties files. There can be some problems because TE sometimes misinterprets words as external tags or what should be external tag as regular text.

[Edited at 2008-03-09 08:57]

Johanna González  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
Warning about property files Jan 28, 2011

Is there a way of getting the TE to interpret the tags and regular text correctly?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translation of properties files with TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs