Problem: segment becoming subcript in Trados 7
Thread poster: MFB19
MFB19
MFB19
Local time: 14:55
English to French
Mar 9, 2008

Hello,

I use Trados 7 for freelancers and I'm experiencing a problem with any Word document I work in (Word 2003) lately. When I open some segments, the Source and Target become in "subscript" and in pink color. It can be at any point in the document, and I really don't know how to fix that...

Thank you for helping!!

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 12:55
English to Spanish
My advise... Mar 9, 2008

You should reinstall Trados.

MFB19
MFB19
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
I did it... Mar 9, 2008

Thank you,
But I did that already and it's still there...

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
English to Spanish
Open the Modify Style dialog Mar 9, 2008

Word 2002 and Word 2003:

Format > Styles and Formatting. Right-click your style. Choose Modify.

Or, simply delete the style causing problems.

Source: http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styles/ModifyAStyle.html

Hope this helps.

MFB19
MFB19
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
not sure.. Mar 10, 2008

Do you mean doing that for every segment?

The style is:

tw4winMark + (Complex) Mangal, (Latin) 11 pt, (Latin) Italic, Green

I think we need that, I think it's the same style as the codes that beging and end a segment, so I'm affraid if I delete it I will have other problems after...
I'm not sure if I'm being clear... sorry!

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
English to Spanish
This way (obviously, mine is in Spanish)... Mar 10, 2008

This an empty MS Word document, and the way "styles" should look:

Now, this a Trados MS Word document, and the way "styles" look:

What I mean is that you should open an ... See more
This an empty MS Word document, and the way "styles" should look:

Now, this a Trados MS Word document, and the way "styles" look:

What I mean is that you should open an empty Word document and see what styles are contained in there. If there are more than the Normal, Title 1, Title 2 and Title 3 styles, you should delete the exceeding ones, since nothing else should be there. When closing, a grey window will pop up asking you to save.

Let me know if this helped.
Collapse

MFB19
MFB19
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
I looked... Mar 15, 2008

Sorry for taking so long...

I looked, and there's no additional styles in an empty Word document. So I guess this is not the problem.
I think the problem comes up more though when I review (cause most of my job is reviewing) a text that is already in both languages. When I translate a new document, so only in one language at the begining (English), I seem to have less problem... I don't know if it help finding the source of the problem?? I think you gave me a good 'hint' by l
... See more
Sorry for taking so long...

I looked, and there's no additional styles in an empty Word document. So I guess this is not the problem.
I think the problem comes up more though when I review (cause most of my job is reviewing) a text that is already in both languages. When I translate a new document, so only in one language at the begining (English), I seem to have less problem... I don't know if it help finding the source of the problem?? I think you gave me a good 'hint' by looking at the styles. It seems to be the problem, now I still don't really know how to fix it...
I really appreciate your help!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem: segment becoming subcript in Trados 7

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »