Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:23
Swedish to English
Mar 10, 2008

Hi,

After installing an update to Trados 2006 I can no longer open
Workbench. I understand that this is a known bug and that there is a
patch available with a new TW4WIN.exe file and instructions.

If anyone has this patch or knows the exact location from which it can
be downloaded I would be most grateful!

Many thanks,

Ben

lagomsolutions@gmail.com

Direct link Reply with quote

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:23
Italian to English
My Downloads Mar 10, 2008

Hi Ben,

Patches and the like should be in the My Downloads section of your My Account page at:

https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/default.asp

Type in your email address and the password SDL sent you when you purchased your licence.

Trados 2006 is not the latest version. If you purchased it secondhand, you might want to tell SDL and see if they can transfer the previous owner's account to your name.

If you have any particular difficulties, you could try writing to:

productssales@sdl.com

HTH

Giles

Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
No they are not all there! Mar 10, 2008

Giles Watson wrote:

Patches and the like should be in the My Downloads section of your My Account page at:

I have already looked there! The 'my downloads' area only has the main versions and service packs - not all the other patches to solve smaller issues. I do have a support contract and I have made a request but I need to continue with the project I am working on ASAP. The support area of the SDL site suggests that now I have a support request number that I can call their support hotline but fails to give this hotline number anywhere I can find on the site!

Thanks for your help,
Ben

Italy
Italian to English
You've clicked on the "+" sign Mar 10, 2008

Hi again Ben,

Forgive me if I'm stating the bleedin' obvious but the items on your My Downloads page will have a little "+" on the left. If you click on this, it will expand the list so you can see the full range of downloads available for the version.

Trados 7 (aka 2006, IIRC) should have the download you are looking for. Check the release date and build number to make sure you are downloading the version you want.

HTH,

Giles

Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
No - it is definitely not there! Mar 10, 2008

My license is for Trados 2006, which is newer than 7.0.

From the Trados 2006 downloads available under my account I have the latest version and the cumalative patch. What I need is the specific patch to resolve the problem, which will not let me open workbench.

I have had this problem before on the same machine and with the same version of Trados but I cannot find the patch that they sent me. It is also discussed in this forum.

The downloads section of the SDL 'my account' website does not have all the patches and fixes.

What I am hoping is that someone who has had this problem has saved the patch and can mail it to me!

Ben

Italy
Italian to English
Build number please Mar 10, 2008

Hello again,

What build number (Help\About) do you have in the version you need to patch?

G.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TW4WIN.exe patch urgently required!

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs