Mobile menu

Tageditor - 'segments' not being saved into TM
Thread poster: Strastran
Local time: 02:41
French to English
+ ...
Mar 11, 2008

Hi all

I'm sure there's a very simple solution to this - well I hope so in any case.

I have created a new TM with which I'm translating lots of Powerpoint files in Tageditor, but I've noticed that none of the terms or sentences from the files I've already finished are in the TM when I do a search.

Is there a box somewhere I have to tick?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:41
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Change Concordance setting? Mar 12, 2008

Are you sure no segments are saved? You can check this by doing an export of the TM and opening it in Notepad: you have to scroll down some pages to the translated segments.
Maybe no segments turn up when doing a concordance search because the Minimum match value for Concordance search is set to low (translation memory options > Concordance). For instance capitalization makes a sentence seamingly disappear: if you have a sentence all in capitals, the same sentence in lower case will not be recognized.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tageditor - 'segments' not being saved into TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs