Lüder Meyer  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 14:55
Member (2007)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Mar 12, 2008

Dear colleagues,

I would like to know how I can sell SDL Trados 2007 Freelance. I am planning to post an offer in the exchange section here at Proz.com, but if I find a buyer, how does he or she register with SDL in order to take over my full license?

Many thanks in advance!

Lüder

Direct link Reply with quote

Jussi Rosti  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:55
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Not sure if that's compliant Mar 12, 2008

Please see the Trados End-User License Agreement, I suspect that the license is not transferable.

Jorge Aguilar Juarez  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:55
German to Spanish
me too Mar 12, 2008

SDL please help

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
End User License Agreement (EULA) Mar 13, 2008

Hi all,

I'm afraid it is not possible for you to sell your version of SDL Trados 2007 without breaking the terms of your EULA. The relevant sections are;

Section 2) Ownership : ..... Customer may not use, copy or distribute the Product without SDL’ authorization.......

Section 3d) Other Restrictions : Customer shall not transfer, sublicense, rent, lease, loan, or otherwise indirectly (such as by consignment) any portion of the Product to any third party.

This is pretty much the same as any licensed software.

I hope this helps to clarify this for you.

Kind regards

Paul
SDL Trados Support

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Classic case of customer "support" by and EULA terms froma company/product like trados Jun 4, 2008

"Section 2) Ownership : ..... Customer may not use, copy or distribute the Product without SDL’ authorization......."

1) The above is wholly irrelevant to the OP. Thanks for playing anyway.
2) The customer may not USE the damn product without the damn company's authorization??? Thank you very much, can I get some more?

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Standard licensing language Jun 4, 2008

2) The customer may not USE the damn product without the damn company's authorization

The license acquired represents the licensor's authorisation to use software - pretty standard language for a license agreement.

Regards,
Ralf

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
I can only give back to trados company... Jun 7, 2008

Hi! some time back I had purchased fusion on a life long support. Today sdl trados seems to have picked up that idea of life long support and free updates and cost free hotline support. If I wanted to sell my fusion license I will have to report to Jive fusion today. I hope someday the world will change to your understanding, will trados do that!!? let them resell in your name. Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to sell SDL Trados 2007 Freelance

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums