Mobile menu

Doing translation in SDL Synergy
Thread poster: Andy Liu
Andy Liu
English
Mar 13, 2008

I have created a project in Synergy with a remote TM added. Afterwards, I created a package file and then opened the package as translator role on another PC to do the translation. However, the user manual covers very little on the translation procedure. I am confused whether I should click "Set/Close" or "Close" button to complete my translation. For the first case, TW prompts me that I can't update the TM as translator role does not have enought right to do so. For the second case, I can translate the files but the TM won't be updated until I opened the return package as PM role. Any suggestions on the correct way to do translation in Synergy? Thanks.

environment: WinXP SP2, SDL Trados Synergy 8.2.132.0, Translator's Workbench 8.2.0.835 (Build 835), MS Office SP3

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Doing translation in SDL Synergy

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs