Eloïse Notet  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:03
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
Mar 13, 2008

Hello,

I am working on a project for a client who ask me, after having translated a text in tag Editor, to convert the text in a .pdf with 3columns in order to be controlled by the client.
The client asks me to do it "more or less - he does not know how to handle...- to do it through a plugin „Stylesheet“ - Bilingual table etc.. (if I refer to his words..)
I am using trados 7.0.

Is this function available, and if yes, how can I do it?? I vener heard i can create a .pdf file with a tag-editor one..

I hope I have been clear enough..

Thanks for your help!!!

Eloïse

Direct link Reply with quote

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Instructions Mar 13, 2008

Hi Eloïse,

If your client asks you to do something he doesn't know about.. well... i better say nothing

Go in the menu Tools > Plug-ins (in TagEditor)
Select TradosTagViewer and click Properties. Select the Table view and click OK.

Open your ttx-file and in menu View, select Preview (mode aperçu in French) and then Bilingual. You should obtain an Internet Explorer window with your document as a table (source and target). Click Copy to excel and you have all the segments in a xls-file. If neccessary, print the Excel file as a pdf with the application of your choice.

I hope i'm clear
Sylvain

France
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You're right.. Mar 13, 2008

No, my client does not use trados!! These requirements come from the end-customer, who wants to do the corrections in this file-format.. strange, but so is it!!
I did not beginn with translating the file, but wanted to know if that option is available in trados 7.0. It seems to be the case!
GOOD NEW!

But will I obtain several columns??? (thay want 3, one for the FR, the other for DE and the last one for TM...)

I'll try to follow your instructions.. I hope it works!!! (but will come back to you if it doesn't!!!

Thanks for your help!!

Eloïse

Anna Sylvia Villegas Carvallo
Mexico
Local time: 10:03
English to Spanish
What's the source text program/application? Mar 14, 2008

Is it Excel, Word, html, sdlx...?

If MS Word, that would be the easiest way: Create 3 columns > paste the source text on the 1st > paste the target text on the 2nd > and paste the... What do you mean by "TM"? The Translation Memory? Well, whatever...

Finally, convert to PDF, and that's it.

France
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TM = translation memory Mar 14, 2008

The source file is indesign... your solution is therefore not applicable..

Thanks!

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Re Mar 14, 2008

Enotet wrote:

No, my client does not use trados!! These requirements come from the end-customer, who wants to do the corrections in this file-format.. strange, but so is it!!
I did not beginn with translating the file, but wanted to know if that option is available in trados 7.0. It seems to be the case!
GOOD NEW!

Oh, I'm using Trados 8, so I don't know if it is available in Version 7...

But will I obtain several columns??? (thay want 3, one for the FR, the other for DE and the last one for TM...)

What should be in this 3rd column then ? The text in the TM should be the same as the target text, or am I wrong?

I'll try to follow your instructions.. I hope it works!!! (but will come back to you if it doesn't!!!

Thanks for your help!!

You're welcome, but... all I wrote here is all I know about this possibility...

Another option (and quite easy) is to use SDLX Exchange to convert your ttx into an itd-file and then using SDLX Utilities to export this file to Excel or html.

If you want, you can contact me in private and I will try to do this for you...

Sylvain

[Modifié le 2008-03-14 08:47]

France
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sylvain!! Mar 14, 2008

I don't want to have to upgrade in emergency to create this file.

In the first column, they need the source text, in the second, the target one, and in the third, the TM.. since I never did such a conversion, I wanted to know how, and if it is possible with trados 7.0...
I will try to do it by myself (begin of next week), and come back to you if it doesn't work..

MERCI MILLE FOIS)

Have a good day

Eloïse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Plugin „Stylesheet“ - Bilingual table Trados 7.0

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs