Unable to open segments
Thread poster: sarah grosvenor

sarah grosvenor  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:26
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 14, 2008

Hello everybody

I am experiencing a wierd problem with segments in TRADOS freelance 7.0.
I am nearly finished revising a large document, and this morning I opened it to begin editing, came to open a segment, and it doesn't work! No error message, no nothing - just kind of dead, whether I used the toolbar commands or those from the menu. The TM was definitely open, and more frustratingly, TRADOS is working in a much older version of the document. So it must be something particular to this word file. Does anyone have any idea what it might be? It was working fine last night, so I'm stumped

I have tried using the "fix document" command but it made no difference

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Direct link Reply with quote

Callmeaspade  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:26
English to Russian
+ ...
Take a closer look at Word and Workbench status strings. Mar 17, 2008

I'm also using Trados Freelance 7.0, and whenever it refuses to open a TU, it always displays the reason in the Word status string at the bottom edge of the window. These messages are in tiny letters and really easy to miss.

In my case the problem is usually a missing Trados tag or something like this.

There are also Workbench messages displayed in its status string, but in your situation, I believe, Word is to blame.

Also, does it refuse to open a particular TU or any of them, including those already translated?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open segments

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs