Jean-Paul ROSETO
Jean-Paul ROSETO
Local time: 23:20
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
Mar 16, 2008

Hello,
I use SDL Trados Translator Workbench 2007. The text to translate is in Time New Roman 12. When I open a translation unit, this one changes bill of fount from Time New Roman to Courier New and I would like to keep Times New Roman in the source and destination segments. Thanks for help, urgent. I hope to have asked the question in the right place.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-03-16 17:37]

Buck
Buck
Netherlands
Local time: 23:20
Dutch to English
Don't worry - usually Mar 17, 2008

Hi. I've had this problem before. I've also had the automatic numbering suddenly go mad, but after the clean-up, everything was back to normal.

Tudor Soiman
Tudor Soiman  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:20
Member (2005)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Here's how Mar 17, 2008

Jean-Paul ROSETO wrote:

Hello,
I use SDL Trados Translator Workbench 2007. The text to translate is in Time New Roman 12. When I open a translation unit, this one changes bill of fount from Time New Roman to Courier New and I would like to keep Times New Roman in the source and destination segments. Thanks for help, urgent. I hope to have asked the question in the right place.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-03-16 17:37]

First, in Workbench go to setup and make sure "translate into target default...@ is unchecked.

Make your normal.dot fonts as Time New Roman (otherwise, open a new file, ctrl+a set language to the target language and the font to TNR
Copy source file and paste (not ctrl+v, just right click) / opeen the button that appears to the right of the last line of the text and clic "match target...)
That should do it.

Another method is to manipulate styles in Word, but that is a little bit trickier.
Success!
Tudor

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Font changes during translation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »