While cleaning in Trados, footnotes disappeared
Thread poster: Ivana Zuppa-Baksa
Ivana Zuppa-Baksa
Croatia
Local time: 02:17
German to Croatian
+ ...
Mar 16, 2008

I made a huge translation in Trados. While cleaning the document all footnotes disappeared. How to put them into the text again? By the way, after the cleaning of the document there was no BAK copy left, only the clean one without footnotes. I have made more copies of the unclean but I cannot understand what happened. Please help me.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 02:17
English to Swedish
+ ...
Versions, versions, versions? Mar 18, 2008

Ivana Zuppa-Baksa wrote:

I made a huge translation in Trados. While cleaning the document all footnotes disappeared. How to put them into the text again? By the way, after the cleaning of the document there was no BAK copy left, only the clean one without footnotes. I have made more copies of the unclean but I cannot understand what happened. Please help me.

Hi Ivana,

Like it says in the forum FAQ, always mention the versions of the software.
What file format? Did you work in Word or TagEditor?

My suggestion for a quick fix is to open a virgin copy of your source file and run a "translate to fuzzy" in TagEditor, against your existing TM (which should contain the entire translation, incl. footnotes).

It's impossible for us to tell exactly what happened, only you would know. But my guess is that some tags were damaged while you were translating...

/J

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

While cleaning in Trados, footnotes disappeared

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs