Mobile menu

Is there a solution for the 'Add term' issue in the Multiterm Toolbar
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:39
Partial member
+ ...
Mar 16, 2008

After installing the latest version of SDL Trados (8.2) and Multiterm (7.5), I can't add terms directly from the Multiterm Toolbar in Word (2003 in Vista). I had all sorts of problems with Multiterm Toolbar that I solved by browsing the forums, but I can't find a way to fix the 'Add Term' glitch.

From the Multiterm Toolbar, I selected the Termbases, I selected 'Show Quick Entry Form' and proceeded to click on 'Add' and I get the following error:

Microsoft Visual Basic
Run-time error -2147417848 (80010108)
Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients

Then Word shuts down.

On the SDL Knowledge Base, there's a similar problem caused by Termbases deleted directly from Explorer and not Multiterm. In my case, that can't be the problem since I just imported my termbases and they're up and running from Workbench and Multiterm. It's just that Word keeps crashing down.

Any ideas?

[Edited at 2008-03-16 23:41]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a solution for the 'Add term' issue in the Multiterm Toolbar

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs