Birthe Omark  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 14:38
Member (2006)
French to Danish
+ ...
Mar 17, 2008

Hi there,

One of the things I like about Synergy is, that you and follow the translation progress of the files you are working on. It can be encouraging, when working on a seemingly endless project - or it can give you a pointer as to how intensely you now must work to meet that dreaded deadline !
But I Synergy has not been my best friend for quite some time. Suddenly it started to add identical lines of the files to the window 'Show recent projects', every time you had saved
... See more
Hi there,

One of the things I like about Synergy is, that you and follow the translation progress of the files you are working on. It can be encouraging, when working on a seemingly endless project - or it can give you a pointer as to how intensely you now must work to meet that dreaded deadline !
But I Synergy has not been my best friend for quite some time. Suddenly it started to add identical lines of the files to the window 'Show recent projects', every time you had saved and closed to file (to have a peep of the wordcount).
What also happens is, that it suddenly add the 'untranslated' words of each new line to the total of wordes to be translated (if there are several files in the project).
When it happened it ended with a total freeze of program.
I unfroze it by following the instruction in another thread here. Reinstalling the program, removing the 'server.txt' - and a part from the fact that I had lost all history - everything was working well again.

... But elas, now I see this add-on of the files again, and I dread another crash on my current job, and having to export the memory and all.

Is there a way to cure the problem ? Or is it just a 'funny bug' which I shouldn't be so concerned about ?

best regards,
Birthe
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Synergy and wordcounts after saving/closing of a file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »