Pravila za postavljanje KudoZ pitanja
Thread poster: Tanja Abramovic (X)
Tanja Abramovic (X)
Tanja Abramovic (X)  Identity Verified
English to Serbian
+ ...
Oct 7, 2004

Postovane kolege,

Sa sajta namenjenog moderatorima prenosim pravila o postavljanju KudoZ pitanja.
Postovanje ovih pravila doprinosi uspesnom i efikasnom resavanju nasih svakodnevnih prevodilackih nedoumica i sprecava zloupotrebu sajta.
Po pravilu, KudoZ pitanja koja sadrze vise od 10 reci treba da se navedu kao posao.

Zelim vam svima srecan i uspesan rad,
Tanja Abramovic

KudoZ Rules of Etiquette

The following Rules hav
... See more
Postovane kolege,

Sa sajta namenjenog moderatorima prenosim pravila o postavljanju KudoZ pitanja.
Postovanje ovih pravila doprinosi uspesnom i efikasnom resavanju nasih svakodnevnih prevodilackih nedoumica i sprecava zloupotrebu sajta.
Po pravilu, KudoZ pitanja koja sadrze vise od 10 reci treba da se navedu kao posao.

Zelim vam svima srecan i uspesan rad,
Tanja Abramovic

KudoZ Rules of Etiquette

The following Rules have been created to extend and protect the pleasant, results-oriented atmosphere of the KudoZ terms translation network. By participating in KudoZ, you indicate your acceptance of and agreement with these Rules.

Rules:

1. Asking KudoZ questions

1.1 - Use KudoZ to ask for a translation only after you have consulted dictionaries, the Internet and the ProZ.com glossaries (KudoZ >Search Glossaries in the menu). If you have found translations elsewhere but still want to ask, include an explanation of what you have found--and why you are asking anyway--with your question.

1.2 - The KudoZ system is to be used for terms help only. Making announcements or otherwise misusing the KudoZ platform is prohibited.

1.3 - Texts longer than 10 words should not be posted as KudoZ questions, but as jobs. (Jobs > Post a Job)

1.4 - Sufficient context must be provided with each term question. When there is no context, indicate the subject area and type of document.

1.5 - In general, askers should refrain from posting a large number of questions in a short period of time.

1.6 - If a question is taken from a translation test, this must be made clear.

1.7 - Use lower case unless there is a reason to capitalize.

1.8 - Do not enter expressions such as 'see below' in the entry boxes reserved for the term to be translated or its proposed translation. Doing so interferes with the expected display of the KudoZ viewing page, alerts, digests, and potentially, glossary entries.

2. Grading KudoZ questions

2.1 - Askers are required to provide feedback to answerers by selecting the answer they find most helpful. (This is called "grading.") It is possible to decline all answers.

2.2 - It is recommended that askers allow 24 hours to pass before grading. This allows professionals in various time zones time ample time to prepare well-researched answers.

2.3 - At the time of grading, askers should enter their term and its translation into the glossary boxes in dictionary form. Questions that do not lend themselves to inclusion in a glossary are exempted.

3. Answering KudoZ questions

3.1 - Read KudoZ questions carefully before answering. Always choose the confidence level that best reflects yours. Guessing should be avoided.

3.2 If you answer KudoZ questions, be prepared for colleagues to comment both positively and negatively on your terminology. Do not take it personally.

3.3 - It is preferable to answer a single question only once. Periodic exceptions are permitted, but systematically providing multiple answers is prohibited.

3.4 - Commenting to an asker regarding his/her decision to post a certain question, to grade a certain way, or to make a certain glossary entry, is strictly forbidden. (Glossary entries can be edited after a question is closed without the involvement of an asker. Point decisions can be undone only by joint request to a moderator from both the asker and the person who was awarded the points.)

3.5 - Avoid answering in language pairs in which you are not capable, and in fields in which you are not knowledgeable.

3.6 - Whenever possible, cite references using the dedicated input boxes. Note that 'references' are resources to which others may refer, and comments such as 'Lived in Germany for 5 yrs' should be entered in the explanation box rather than the reference boxes.

3.7 - Always assume good faith. Example: while an answer may seem to be merely a copy of the answers that have preceded it, it is also possible that an answerer was viewing a copy of the page in which the prior answers had not yet appeared.

3.8 - If you notice violations of the rules, contact a moderator. Enforcement of these rules is an optional role of moderators, not of regular members.

4. Peer Comments

4.1 - Agrees and disagrees should be based solely on linguistic evaluation of answers provided.

4.2 - Backing up peer comments with references is encouraged.

4.3 - To disagree, one must enter linguistic justification. Personal comments are strictly prohibited.

4.4 - Encouraging others to agree with your answers or disagree with answers provided by others, is prohibited.

4.5 - Avoid entering peer comments in language pairs in which you are not capable, and in fields in which you are not knowledgeable.

4.6 - Be prepared to receive both positive and negative feedback from peers.

KudoZ postings that violate these Rules may be modified or deleted by site staff or moderators at their sole discretion. Also, access to KudoZ and other site functions may be blocked by site moderators and staff, at their sole discretion, for users who violate any of the Rules, in letter or in spirit, or who in any way detract from a positive and friendly atmosphere in the community.

Disclaimers: The ProZ.com staff does not vet KudoZ content before it is made public. There is not necessarily a real-time moderator on duty. The accuracy of KudoZ postings is not endorsed or guaranteed, and ProZ.com will not be responsible for direct or indirect damages that result from the use of KudoZ.
Collapse

Ingrid Lovric
Ingrid Lovric
Local time: 17:37
English to Croatian
+ ...
Hvala Tanja Oct 7, 2004

na ponovljenom upozorenju vezanom uz postavljanje KudoZ pitanja. Na zalost, mislim da je ovdje problem u postavljacima pitanja, a ne u prevodiocima. Naravno, mi uvijek imamo mogucnost ignorirati postavljeno pitanje i ne dati odgovor na njega, ali nekako mi se to ne cini etickim, a pogotovo kad su ljubavne porukice u pitanju

Sve u svemu, mislim da bi osobe koje postavljaju pitanja trebale biti bolje upucene u pravila,
... See more
na ponovljenom upozorenju vezanom uz postavljanje KudoZ pitanja. Na zalost, mislim da je ovdje problem u postavljacima pitanja, a ne u prevodiocima. Naravno, mi uvijek imamo mogucnost ignorirati postavljeno pitanje i ne dati odgovor na njega, ali nekako mi se to ne cini etickim, a pogotovo kad su ljubavne porukice u pitanju

Sve u svemu, mislim da bi osobe koje postavljaju pitanja trebale biti bolje upucene u pravila, a vjerujem da najveci postotak (osobito ne-clanova proZ-a) niti ne zna za postojanje tih pravila. Mozda bi se trebao naci nacin da se pravila moraju procitati prije nego se postavi pitanje.

Srdacan pozdrav svima i ugodan vikend!

Ingrid
Collapse

Tanja Abramovic (X)
Tanja Abramovic (X)  Identity Verified
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To i jeste namenjeno postavljacima pitanja Oct 7, 2004

[quote]Ingrid Lovric wrote:

Ingrid,

hvala na komentaru. To i jeste namenjeno postavljacima pitanja.
Ako postavljaju English into Serbian pitanja, mozda ce svratiti i na ovaj forum, tako da mogu da procitaju pravila u slucaju da ne znaju da ona postoje.

Inace, u poslednje vreme vise kolega mi se obratilo preko imejla izrazavajuci krajnje negodovanje zbog velikog broja pitanja koja se postavljaju u okviru English into Serbo-Croat i English into Serbian KudoZ (easy). Neke kolege bile su ogorcene, druge su mislile da postavljaci hoce da dobiju prevod besplatno.

Ocigledno je da jedni nemaju nista protiv toga da odgovaraju na pitanja, a da drugi ne vole da im se inbox puni velikom kolicinom pitanja za kratko vreme.
Zelje i jednih i drugih treba pomiriti. I jedni i drugi smatraju da su u pravu.

Jos jednom hvala na komentaru i pozdrav,
Tanja Abramovic

P.S. Izvinjavam se svim kolegama zbog tehnickih nemogucnosti da odgovarajuce slovno prikazem odredjene glasove u srpskom jeziku. Program mi je malo zastareo. Ko (hoce da) razume - shvatice.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Pravila za postavljanje KudoZ pitanja

Translation news in Serbia

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »