How to remove the Kudoz forum from the "Recent topics in translator forums"?
Thread poster: Anne Brackenborough (X)
Anne Brackenborough (X)
Anne Brackenborough (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:31
German to English
Sep 4, 2008

I like to look at the "Recent topics in translator forums" discussions every now and then, but the Kudoz forum is driving me mad. Is there any way I can set something up so that those specific discussions don't appear when I go to the Proz start page (but all the other forums do)?
Sorry if this is something really simple or if I'm in the wrong place to ask this question; if there are instructions on this somewhere a quick link to the page would be lovely!

Alison MacG
Alison MacG  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:31
German to English
+ ...
You simply need to change your settings Sep 4, 2008

Hi Anne

Click on the settings tab on your profile page. One of the options that then appears in the list on the left is "NEW Select forums to be listed on the homepage". Once you click on that you can check and uncheck the various boxes according to your preferences.

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:31
French to English
+ ...
method Sep 4, 2008

Hello Anne,

I had reason to do something similar recently, and have just re-created what I did - go to your profile page, click the 'Settings' tab and you should see a list of options in the middle on the left, one of which is 'choose forums to appear in Recent Forums' (from memory - it might not be called exactly that). Then you get a long list with tick-boxes.

Anne Brackenborough (X)
Anne Brackenborough (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:31
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
I knew it would be something simple Sep 4, 2008

Thanks for your patience!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to remove the Kudoz forum from the "Recent topics in translator forums"?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »