Staff: VID (verified identity) data now shown in forums
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 15:52
SITE FOUNDER
Jun 2, 2003

A checkmark now appears in the forums beside the names of members whose identities have been verified. Click on a checkmark to bring up data related to the method by which the identity of the member was verified.

"Vidding" (verification of identities) is part of an ongoing Quality Campaign designed to provide members with data for use in establishing online relationships based on mutual trust.

VID (verified identity) data has been shown on the Blue Board for about a mon
... See more
A checkmark now appears in the forums beside the names of members whose identities have been verified. Click on a checkmark to bring up data related to the method by which the identity of the member was verified.

"Vidding" (verification of identities) is part of an ongoing Quality Campaign designed to provide members with data for use in establishing online relationships based on mutual trust.

VID (verified identity) data has been shown on the Blue Board for about a month, and will be displayed in the directory and jobs pages soon. If you are not yet vidded, you may want to get vidded soon.
Collapse

Anthony Indra
Anthony Indra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:52
Member (2002)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
A Wish: Could one day VID leads to online payment? Jun 2, 2003

Dear Henry & all ProZ staff,

One of the best value of ProZ (previously) is the capability to do online payment.
Due to irresponsible act of misuse, the payment feature is now gone.

Now that we have a VID community - hopefully a serious, professional and translator community, not just anybody bilingual - I wish that this community can leads to a online payment service once again.

Many thanks,

Anthony Ray Indra
English-Indonesian T
... See more
Dear Henry & all ProZ staff,

One of the best value of ProZ (previously) is the capability to do online payment.
Due to irresponsible act of misuse, the payment feature is now gone.

Now that we have a VID community - hopefully a serious, professional and translator community, not just anybody bilingual - I wish that this community can leads to a online payment service once again.

Many thanks,

Anthony Ray Indra
English-Indonesian Translator
Collapse

CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
You have been verified Jun 2, 2003

Henry wrote:

A checkmark now appears in the forums beside the names of members whose identities have been verified.

Dear Henry,

I got vidded two months ago, as per your confirmation email. Today, the VID does not appear on my forums and on my profile.

It was present during that period and after I switched to the new ProZ design.
Is there a glitch?

Thank you and keep up the excellent work!

Sandra Jolicoeur,
ProZ Platinum Member

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 15:52
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
If you edit your username or name, vidded status is lost Jun 2, 2003

Please note that if you change your username or the name you have entered in your profile, your vidded status will be revoked. Therefore, you should have your name just the way you want it before you apply for vidding!

CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Problem promptly solved. Jun 2, 2003

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Staff: VID (verified identity) data now shown in forums

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »