Tracking is not only for Platinum/Search
Thread poster: Holger Gremminger

Holger Gremminger
Local time: 11:58
German to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 2, 2003

Hi!

At the bottom of the forums there is still the sentence saying that tracking the forums is for Platinum only. Also in the FAQs.

How do I search the forums? Where is the search function?

/Holger

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 07:58
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Tracking and searching Jul 2, 2003

Hi Holger

You're talking about two different things.

Tracking allows you to get a notification when there's a new post in a topic you're interested in.

The "Search" window is in the left of the screen (search and go), and you can put in it, for instance, the name of a pro, a word you remember has been discussed, like "pop up", "Blue Board" or "Platinum". And you're going to have a page that shows you where the information has been found (directory, forums, Blue Board, FAQs ...)

I can't answer to "why it appears that tracking forum is restricted to Platinum members", but I think it's just because it hasn't been restricted any more for just a few days.

[Edited at 2003-07-02 12:33]

Holger Gremminger
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 2, 2003

Hi Claudia,

Yes, I am asking two different questions.

Thank you for the explanation.
Of course I see the Search-field now. I don\'t know why I did overlook that!

/Holger

Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
search field Jul 3, 2003

I was looking for the search field too. Would it be possible to move it to the top bar (next to support perhaps?) so that it is more immediately visible? Or even above the KudoZ.net advertisement.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tracking is not only for Platinum/Search

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs