Thread poster: Holger Gremminger
Holger Gremminger
Holger Gremminger
Local time: 13:37
German to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 2, 2003

Hi!

At the bottom of the forums there is still the sentence saying that tracking the forums is for Platinum only. Also in the FAQs.

How do I search the forums? Where is the search function?

/Holger

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 07:37
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Tracking and searching Jul 2, 2003

Hi Holger

You're talking about two different things.

Tracking allows you to get a notification when there's a new post in a topic you're interested in.

The "Search" window is in the left of the screen (search and go), and you can put in it, for instance, the name of a pro, a word you remember has been discussed, like "pop up", "Blue Board" or "Platinum". And you're going to have a page that shows you where the information has been found (directory, forums,
... See more
Hi Holger

You're talking about two different things.

Tracking allows you to get a notification when there's a new post in a topic you're interested in.

The "Search" window is in the left of the screen (search and go), and you can put in it, for instance, the name of a pro, a word you remember has been discussed, like "pop up", "Blue Board" or "Platinum". And you're going to have a page that shows you where the information has been found (directory, forums, Blue Board, FAQs ...)

I can't answer to "why it appears that tracking forum is restricted to Platinum members", but I think it's just because it hasn't been restricted any more for just a few days.

[Edited at 2003-07-02 12:33]
Collapse

Holger Gremminger
Holger Gremminger
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 2, 2003

Hi Claudia,

Yes, I am asking two different questions.

Thank you for the explanation.
Of course I see the Search-field now. I don\'t know why I did overlook that!

/Holger

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
search field Jul 3, 2003

I was looking for the search field too. Would it be possible to move it to the top bar (next to support perhaps?) so that it is more immediately visible? Or even above the KudoZ.net advertisement.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tracking is not only for Platinum/Search

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »