Mobile menu

Forum for problems related to hosting
Thread poster: xxxEmilyLyng
xxxEmilyLyng  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:34
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Jul 3, 2003

I was not sure whether to post this here, or in the suggestions forum, but anyway, I was wondering if it would be possible to set up a new forum for hosting problems. I have found most of the answers I required in the Tech suppport forums, but this can mean going through seven pages of mostly unrelated technical problems. Just a thought....

Emily

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxEmilyLyng  Identity Verified
Norwegian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok, thanks Jul 4, 2003

Ok, no probs, although I was actually thinking of a forum specifically for those who are using the ProZ hosting.

Thanks for the quick response though

Emily

sylvie malich
Germany
German to English
Emily, I think you've got a great idea Jul 4, 2003

Emily Lyng wrote:

...I was actually thinking of a forum specifically for those who are using the ProZ hosting.

Why not? I recently encountered a problem when trying to upload a ProZ member's site and I couldn't access the help pages because I haven't personally taken advantage of this hosting service. Although I was able to get the answer quickly by email from support, my client wasn't able to know what to look for to remedy the problem: She was completely overwhelmed by the help page.
And I'm certain she isn't the only one.

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
I don't think it's that "off" Jul 5, 2003

so that it's professionally important for us freelance translators to have a web site, and that ProZ.com supplies hosting as well... why not? Well, I admit I'm being selfish, but personally I feel that I have a lot to learn on this and it'd be great to read the ideas, tips, advices, problems and solutions of the colleagues here. I'm not sure if one can find such a cooperative atmosphere elsewhere, and it's also important to get tips and info about creating a translator's website from other translators again. After all, wasn't Proz.com "by translators, for translators"?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Forum for problems related to hosting

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs