Mobile menu

What happens with the postings?
Thread poster: Ruxi

Ruxi
German to Romanian
+ ...
May 26, 2004

Now I really got mad, because I wrote a posting in the forum "Techniques, Language..." (it was about dictionaries)and is not yet there, while another one of a new member (so no VID or Platinum)has been put at about 4 o'clock.Mine has been written yesterday.
With all respect to Henry, to the moderators and s.o, it it is not fair and because there are many complains of the sort, it has to be found another solution.
I don't understand how it works, how the messages are taken by the moderators. Can they choose messages? In this specific forum there is one moderator (Maria Farre). Could it be that the message which already appeared was not read by her, or there are more waiting in her "pocket" and she just put this one.
Please explain to us all, how it works.

Thank you,
Ruxi

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:32
English to German
+ ...
No reason to get mad May 26, 2004

I take it you're referring to www.proz.com/topic/21477, which was moved to the KudoZ/KudoZ.Net forum (note that the URL doesn't change).

Please read the Forum Rules about Moderators and their role.

Regards, Ralf

Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
Check KudoZ/KudoZ.net forum May 26, 2004

Dear Ruxi,

Did you mean this thread:

http://www.proz.com/topic/21477

It was vetted at 8:28am by another moderator, and as it seems to concern KudoZ, it was put into appropriate forum.

Best regards,

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:32
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
A way of checking which forum a recently posted (vetted) message is in, if in doubt May 26, 2004

If a member has posted a thread and it's been vetted, but isn't in the forum they posted it to,
a comfortable way of finding it is from the "Forums" tab of their profile page (where the most recent (vetted)threads they have posted, or (vetted)replies to threads, are listed).
Best wishes
Giuli~
(Eng Rus Geo)

Lucinda  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:32
Member (2002)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Also think about the time difference May 26, 2004

Dear Ruxi,

Just to add to the comments of the others, don't forget about the time difference. Perhaps the moderator for your language pair(s) lives in a country that is in a completely different time zone than yours. When you posted your forum items, it might have been late in the evening or the dead of night for them. So they may only see it after they get up and start their day.

But, of course, for you many hours have already passed.

Happy translating!
Lucinda

Ruxi
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you and some remarks May 26, 2004

Thank you all,

for your kind answers. I have found my posting, but still it is not fair the way the moderator has handle it.
1. I was not informed that it was put in another forum,
2. It has not been on the homepage, where the most recent posting are listed (so I could have checked and people could have been informed about the question)
3. The posting does not belong in that forum, it's more about dictionaries and language.
Nobody has answered, nobody was interested in that forum.

I think posters know better than moderators where their message belongs.
Well, I can not change it.

Thank you Giuli, I will use that method too.

Ruxi

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
It was on the home page May 26, 2004

Hi Ruxi,
2. It has not been on the homepage, where the most recent posting are listed (so I could have checked and people could have been informed about the question)

That was exactly where I located it in order to answer your post.

In fact, it's still in the same list - just click on the link to View additional recent posts.

Regards, Ralf

[Edited at 2004-05-26 12:36]

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...
- May 26, 2004

Hi Ruxi,
It was me who moved your posting.

Ruxi wrote:
1. I was not informed that it was put in another forum

I have sent you a message informing you about this, please look in your mailbox, it should be there.

As Ralf already said, it was on the homepage and it is still there (just click 'View additional recent posts', please)

Nobody has answered, nobody was interested in that forum.

Are we talking about different threads? I see many answers here:
http://www.proz.com/topic/21477

Best,
Natalia

[Edited at 2004-05-26 20:22]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What happens with the postings?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs