https://www.proz.com/forum/site_forums/23105-suggestion%3A_show_past_posts_while_writing_the_post.html

Suggestion: Show past posts while writing the post
Thread poster: David Jessop
David Jessop
David Jessop  Identity Verified
Laos
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 21, 2004

Perhaps has already been covered and it is quite minor, but it would be helpful to me if I were able to see the past page while posting a response. Sure, I could open another window to post but it seems like this would usually solve the need to do this. I have accidentally deleted my post a time or two by going back. I have been a part of other website forums where this has been possible and it has made a bit of a difference. Thanks for a great site!

David

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:14
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
"Topic review" Jul 21, 2004

I think this feature is already present: you can click the button "Topic review" when writing a post.
Secondly, you don't delete your posting when you go back and subsequently forward.

[Edited at 2004-07-21 02:27]

David Jessop
David Jessop  Identity Verified
Laos
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Topic review and yes my postings do get deleted! :-) Jul 21, 2004

Henk Peelen wrote:

I think this feature is already present: you can click the button \"Topic review\" when writing a post.
Secondly, you don\'t delete your posting when you go back and subsequently forward.

[Edited at 2004-07-21 02:27]

Yes the topic review is a good step but why not include the last page on the composition page? The topic review feature is the same as manually opening a new window.

Oh, and maybe you donĀ“t delete your posting when you go back and subsequently forward, but I do. I think this may depend on the web browser settings and I frequently use computers in Internet cafes (Welcome to Bolivia!) where it is difficult to be messing with the settings all the times.

Cheers.

David

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Isn't the current situation the most advantageous one? Jul 21, 2004

Now we have quite a big text box, which eases writing.

By the way, I may have a solution for your cafe problem. If you copy the text (Ctrl + A; Ctrl + C) before you start wandering throught the forum history, you save at leas the main text. A Ctrl + V if you're back in your text box will bring some relief.

Sure, cheers.

Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:14
German to English
+ ...
Reply with Quote Jul 21, 2004

Hi David,

I think I may have had the same problem a few times. One solution is to use "reply with quote" by clicking on the "reply with quote" button of the particular post you want to reply to. You can then subsequently delete this once you have written your message.

Good luck!

Sarah

Stefanie Sendelbach
Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Another possibility Jul 21, 2004

is to use 'open link in new window'. Then you can type your answer in one window and switch back to the other window if you need to check what has been written before.

This has been discussed before: http://www.proz.com/post/126057

Cheers,
Stefanie

[Edited at 2004-07-21 06:52]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion: Show past posts while writing the post

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »