Thread poster: MatthewLaSon
MatthewLaSon
MatthewLaSon
Local time: 11:29
French to English
Oct 30, 2014

Hello,

I didn't know where to post this.

I am wondering where I can post a small translation of an article I recently translated. I would like people to critique it at their leisure. I cannot find any place online that does such a thing. Wordreference.com doesn't seem to allow full texts, just words, phrases and sentences.

Any help, please. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:29
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
It's well hidden, but it's here Nov 1, 2014

This may be what you're looking for, Matthew: http://www.proz.com/forum/translation_feedback_area/192944-welcome_to_the_translation_feedback_area_please_read_this_before_getting_started.html

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
Yes, it is well hidden Nov 1, 2014

I actually suggested its creation, and the nice people at ProZ went to all the trouble of doing so, but no one is using it.

MatthewLaSon
MatthewLaSon
Local time: 11:29
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Nov 2, 2014

Thank you, Sheila! I appreciate it.

I have a short literary translation that I've done. It'd be neat to have it scrutinized by professional translators for fun. And, as you know, these type of translations are super hard to do. Getting the exact meaning over in natural-sounding English is no easy feat. These texts require a lot of "scientific" creativity (art + science).

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Local time: 17:29
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Well-hidden issue Nov 2, 2014

If it is well-hidden how can people know about it and use it? No wonder no one uses it; I myself never knew about it, i.e. that such a feature existed so never used it. It must be handy for new entrants, thanks to Philgoddard who suggested it but no thanks to Proz who kept it hidden.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Posting a translation for critique

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »