Thread poster: Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:03
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 20, 2005

I've been wondering for days how I can use private forum? If there are special requirements, what are they?

I've submitted a support request but no reply yet.

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this.;)

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:03
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
What do you mean? Sep 20, 2005

Do you want to install a forum on yor own site? There is a free software at phpbb.com

Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
Local time: 23:03
French to English
Through Proz.com teams? Sep 20, 2005

I know that my Proz.com team (Francisément) has a private forum that we use to communicate on team issues.

As I am not our team leader/moderator, I don't know exactly how this was set up, though.

Regards,

Sara

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Support Request is the correct way Sep 20, 2005

Hi all,
Platinum members can ask for a private forum to be set up, using a Support Request. The purpose of a private forum is to be able to discuss topics which you don't want to discuss among the community at large. For example, we're using private forums as a communication platform for project teams.

HTH, Ralf

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:03
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ralf clarified this for us Sep 20, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi all,
Platinum members can ask for a private forum to be set up, using a Support Request. The purpose of a private forum is to be able to discuss topics which you don't want to discuss among the community at large. For example, we're using private forums as a communication platform for project teams.

HTH, Ralf

Thanks for clarifying this for all of us Ralf. And thanks to Heinrich and Sara for replying to this post.

I think a private forum on Proz.com would be more convenient for team members (I am currently setting up a team) to communicate. Besides I believe since members are using the public ones every day, they would find it easy to use a private forum here on this site other than a new one on my site.

It seems not a lot of people know about this private forum function.

savaria (X)
savaria (X)
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
How can one set up a private forum? Aug 5, 2006

Would anybody be so kind as to give a URL or a detailed written text about how this setting up of a priovate forum fuctions and how can one invite people to join,and how one can get an invitation,and how can this invitation be accepted?

Would any site admin be so kind as to let me get an insight into this issue?

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 17:03
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
As Ralf said Aug 5, 2006

Hi Gábor

As Ralf said, to set up a private forum you need to do it via a Support Request.

how this setting up of a private forum fuctions
Support Request

and how can one invite people to join
the owner will have a list in which he can add members. For this he only needs a profile number.
The invitation must be done before that, once the mem
... See more
Hi Gábor

As Ralf said, to set up a private forum you need to do it via a Support Request.

how this setting up of a private forum fuctions
Support Request

and how can one invite people to join
the owner will have a list in which he can add members. For this he only needs a profile number.
The invitation must be done before that, once the member has accepted it, via profile message.
Advertising in public forums for private forums isn't allowed.

and how one can get an invitation
The owner is the one who can invite.

and how can this invitation be accepted?
Well, if I send to you a profile message you will be able to see my address and will be able to answer and accept or not.

Is it clearer now? The number of members has a limit, I think it's 20.

Claudia
Collapse

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:03
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Members-only feature Aug 5, 2006

Gábor Széles wrote:

Would anybody be so kind as to give a URL or a detailed written text about how this setting up of a priovate forum fuctions and how can one invite people to join,and how one can get an invitation,and how can this invitation be accepted?

Hi Gábor,

Private forums are a feature reserved for site members.

Regards,
Enrique Cavalitto

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Private Forum

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »