https://www.proz.com/forum/site_forums/41517-what_do_you_put_in_the_personal_tab_in_the_profile.html

What do YOU put in the 'personal' tab in the profile?
Thread poster: Mark Smith
Mark Smith
Mark Smith  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:10
German to English
+ ...
Jan 19, 2006

Hi everyone,

Firstly, sorry that this post really doesn't belong in this particular thread, but I couldn't find any which it fitted in.

I'm just curious what all the people who have spent time to create HTML content for the 'personal' tab on their profile have put on it. Not knowing HTML, it seems like a lot of effort to me, but I would be interested to see how you've added value to your profile.

Thanks,
Mark Smith

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:10
English to Italian
+ ...
my sailing team Jan 19, 2006

Hi Mark!
I followed Gianfranco Manca's tutorial and uploaded some pictures of my sailing team. Gianfranco's instructions are easy to follow, and after some trial and error (due to the fact that HTML is a foreign language for me) I managed to get everything in place.

Here is the link to the tutorial:
http://www.proz.com/home/12340/HTML_Tips3.htm

P.S.(cop
... See more
Hi Mark!
I followed Gianfranco Manca's tutorial and uploaded some pictures of my sailing team. Gianfranco's instructions are easy to follow, and after some trial and error (due to the fact that HTML is a foreign language for me) I managed to get everything in place.

Here is the link to the tutorial:
http://www.proz.com/home/12340/HTML_Tips3.htm

P.S.(copied and pasted) :
The "Edit your site" feature described is no longer available. To include images in your profile page, you must first upload them to your web hosting provider and link to them there. If you are a platinum member, you can also host your site for free at ProZ.com.

Hope this helps to get you started, good luck!

Ciao DZ
Collapse

Daniel Bird
Daniel Bird  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:10
German to English
Scanned images of some book covers... Jan 19, 2006

...not a huge amount of HTML required. I don't think that scrapping the "Edit your site" feature was an improvement to ProZ by the way. By chance I uploaded my scans about a week before it was dropped.
And I learnt practically everything I know about HTML from G Manca's tutorial referred to above.
Good luck
DB

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What do YOU put in the 'personal' tab in the profile?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »