Apparently the censorship is unlimited
Thread poster: Kunik
Kunik
Kunik  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:13
English to Latvian
+ ...
Jul 10, 2006

OK, I am a stubborn person, that is why I am posting this, although I do realise that I might get banned from the forum like it already happened today with other colleagues.
I would dearly want to know why my previous thread ( http://www.proz.com/topic/51008 ) was locked without any decent explanation or justification.
Is it not just marvellous when a thread where people discuss the limits of
... See more
OK, I am a stubborn person, that is why I am posting this, although I do realise that I might get banned from the forum like it already happened today with other colleagues.
I would dearly want to know why my previous thread ( http://www.proz.com/topic/51008 ) was locked without any decent explanation or justification.
Is it not just marvellous when a thread where people discuss the limits of freedom of speech in this site is simply locked and certain participants of the thread (namely Viktoria) are not allowed to post in the forums anymore (at least this is what I heard from her)?
The mentioned thread did not focus on the WWA issues, although some participants mentioned it. I do not see how it violated any forum rules, unless, of course, a new rule has been introduced we are unaware of (like it recently happened with some Features Not To Be Named). I hope someone can explain this to me.
Then, we are invited to discuss some issues in “another thread”, but in that other thread we are invited to “politely step back and take a less active role in this thread”.
I can already foresee that I will be invited to “submit a support ticket”, as it is supposedly “more effective” way to solve problems, but I do not want to submit any tickets. I would prefer an answer that everyone can read.
No doubt, the owners of the site have all the rights to do as they please and sell and not to sell their product to whomever they wish. I would like to add, though, that when I became a paying member of the site, I was tempted by the slogan “have more fun”, and I cannot see how “more fun” applies to the fact that I apparently do not deserve even as much as a polite explanation as to why I am not allowed to express my opinions.

[Edited at 2006-07-10 20:12]
Collapse

Eva T
Eva T
English to Albanian
+ ...
It must be a very good reason Jul 10, 2006

I am someone who has gotten a written warning from a moderator and I still see it everytime I post. I am aware that it was a very good reason for that and I do not complain. You know, Moderators are busy people and they have better things to do than hiding your postings, unless one deserves it. Breaking rules maybe? This is everywhere, even in your country: it does not matter whether you like a rule/law or not, you have to live by it, or you have ... See more
I am someone who has gotten a written warning from a moderator and I still see it everytime I post. I am aware that it was a very good reason for that and I do not complain. You know, Moderators are busy people and they have better things to do than hiding your postings, unless one deserves it. Breaking rules maybe? This is everywhere, even in your country: it does not matter whether you like a rule/law or not, you have to live by it, or you have to consider changing the country where you live.

my feelings,

Eva
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 09:13
SITE FOUNDER
See http://www.proz.com/siterules Jul 10, 2006

No offense, tinageta, but I hope you can understand that in order to keep things orderly in this very large community, we have had to create a set of fair and clear rules, which we then must enforce in a consistent manner.

Viktoria violated not one forum rule, but two: rules 1 and 6. She not only reopened a WWA thread, she also made an offensive out-of-scope remark (topic: muslim men).

With this post you are reopening a closed thread, and in accordance with our forum ru
... See more
No offense, tinageta, but I hope you can understand that in order to keep things orderly in this very large community, we have had to create a set of fair and clear rules, which we then must enforce in a consistent manner.

Viktoria violated not one forum rule, but two: rules 1 and 6. She not only reopened a WWA thread, she also made an offensive out-of-scope remark (topic: muslim men).

With this post you are reopening a closed thread, and in accordance with our forum rule 6, I am locking it and putting a two week block on your right to post.

We welcome your input and opinions, but we have clear rules and we feel we must enforce them when there are clear violations.

Regards,
Henry
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Apparently the censorship is unlimited

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »