Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 12:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 10, 2006

Hello everybody!

A couple of days ago I published the following question regarding volunteers for a pro-bono proofreading: http://www.proz.com/topic/56876

(I thank those who answered, both on the post itself or via private message)

This led me to thinking that there are quite a few colleagues out there who would be willing to dedicate a little time in-between paid jo
... See more
Hello everybody!

A couple of days ago I published the following question regarding volunteers for a pro-bono proofreading: http://www.proz.com/topic/56876

(I thank those who answered, both on the post itself or via private message)

This led me to thinking that there are quite a few colleagues out there who would be willing to dedicate a little time in-between paid jobs to support worthwhile causes.

Is there a possibility of creating a forum (maybe in Off-topic) specifically for posting these kinds of proposals, or questions regarding volunteer work as a translator? (aside from Translations4Kids).

I apologise if this has been asked before; I did a forum search with "pro bono" "volunteer", "volunteer jobs", etc. but got pages, pages and more pages of posts with said keywords.

Thank you

Best regards
Andrea

[Edited at 2006-10-10 18:31]
Collapse

DianaMoore
DianaMoore  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 10:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hola Andrea Oct 10, 2006

It is an excellent idea. Perhaps other members can add their experiences with volunteer organizations or how to get in contact with them. I will love to hear more ideas as I need to gain more experience and confidence.

There is an article on Pro Z with links on this subject

... See more
It is an excellent idea. Perhaps other members can add their experiences with volunteer organizations or how to get in contact with them. I will love to hear more ideas as I need to gain more experience and confidence.

There is an article on Pro Z with links on this subject

http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/78/1/Sources-of-Pro-Bono-Translation-Work

Best Regards,

Diana Moore
Collapse

Balaban Cerit
Balaban Cerit  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 18:27
Member (2004)
English to Turkish
+ ...
it would be useful Oct 11, 2006

Hi Andrea,

I agree, such a forum would be useful. Discussions on this topic should be done in a dedicated forum.

Kind regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New forum suggestion for volunteer translations

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »