Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:11
Czech to German
+ ...
Mar 20, 2007

Hi,

I couldn't find a forum about glosspost (nor any answer to my question in the FAQ) so I'm posting this here. I just saw this in glosspost: "glossaire concernant les détecteurs (Italia / Baumer Electric S.r.l.)
http://www.baumerelectric.com/fr/40.asp" and, being curious, went to the website where I found two more glossaries about the same subject but in English and German.
... See more
Hi,

I couldn't find a forum about glosspost (nor any answer to my question in the FAQ) so I'm posting this here. I just saw this in glosspost: "glossaire concernant les détecteurs (Italia / Baumer Electric S.r.l.)
http://www.baumerelectric.com/fr/40.asp" and, being curious, went to the website where I found two more glossaries about the same subject but in English and German. You only have to change "fr" into "en" or "de"... (What's strange, though, is that you can click on either "EN" or "DE" on the site itself but there is no button for "FR".)
This leads me to the more general question whether it would be better to include all languages into one posting even if they are not side by side or to practice sort of "BrowniZ-fishing" by posting every language separately with their respective URL?

Charlotte
Collapse

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:11
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
include all languages Mar 21, 2007

Charlotte Blank wrote:
This leads me to the more general question whether it would be better to include all languages into one posting even if they are not side by side or to practice sort of "BrowniZ-fishing" by posting every language separately with their respective URL?

Hi Charlotte,
It's better to include all languages in one posting. If you don't, glosspost administrators will edit the source and target languages to include all existing combinations. In this particular case we did not include German or English because in GlossPost there is no way to make 3 monolingual selections; we can select as many language pairs as we want but for monolingual glossaries we can't make more than one selection.

e.g. If I select EN as source and target language, the glossary will apear as "English (mono)". If I select EN, FR, DE for source and EN, FR, DE for target, I'll get all combinations between these languages; I won't get English (mono), French (mono), Geman (mono). So this particular glossary should be entered three times.

Maria

[Edited at 2007-03-21 02:19]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question about posting in glosspost

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »