Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Local time: 07:44
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
Mar 22, 2007

Dear Enrique,
A long time ago I had proposed to start with a new non-English forum, the Macedonian one.
Your answer on Nov 07 2006 was:

"We plan to do soon an open call for volunteers, in order to cover several positions of moderator in the site. Once this call is made (it will have great difussion) we will select among those who postulate for the different positions..."

Still considering possibilities?

TIA for your reaction.

Kind R
... See more
Dear Enrique,
A long time ago I had proposed to start with a new non-English forum, the Macedonian one.

"We plan to do soon an open call for volunteers, in order to cover several positions of moderator in the site. Once this call is made (it will have great difussion) we will select among those who postulate for the different positions..."

TIA for your reaction.

Kind Regards,

Sherefedin Mustafa
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 08:44
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
I fully support Macedonian (Slavic) forum Mar 22, 2007

but normal procedure is you have to gather enough support from the community in question. I think your action should be to propose creation of Macedonian (Slavic) forum in ProZ Suggestions forum and then gather support posts from Macedonian community there- the Staff needs to see there is some interest and enthusiasm in the community in question.

Uldis

Added- to avoid misunderstandings- "Macedonian (Slavic)" is definition used by official institutions of the EU.

Sherefedin MUSTAFA wrote:

Dear Enrique,

[Rediģēts plkst. 2007-03-22 20:52]

Irena Kacarski-Kimova
Irena Kacarski-Kimova  Identity Verified
North Macedonia
English to Macedonian
+ ...
it's about time Mar 23, 2007

Excellent initiative indeed! Thank you Sherefedin!

I'm giving my full support and looking forward to it. What else can I do?

Sashenka Ljuben
Sashenka Ljuben  Identity Verified
North Macedonia
Member (2005)
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Finally! Mar 23, 2007

Is there anything I can help you with?

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Moderators and Moderators Mar 23, 2007

[quote]Uldis Liepkalns wrote:

Added- to avoid misunderstandings-

[quote]

Dear Uldis,

I appreciate your support. Especially because it’s a support coming from a moderator of this community, I mean proz.com.

As moderator of another non-English forum, the Latvian forum, you should know better the any average member what the fundamental rules and principles of this community are.
My point, if you understand it, is the following: proz.com is not a political site.

Finally I have a small request: Be so kind and scroll through the language bar of www.proz.com and find out what’s the name of the language I am talking about.

Kind Regards,
Sherefedin Mustafa
Native speaker of Albanian and Macedonian

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:44
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Request added to the to-do list Mar 23, 2007

The procedure for nominating site moderators was modified lately and the idea of an open call was abandoned.

I agree that ProZ.com is not a political site, as defined in the scope definition.

Uldis is an experienced and very valuable moderator who has a clear understanding of the site rules and philosophy.

The request to create this forum has been included in the site's to-do list.

Regards,
Enriq
... See more
The procedure for nominating site moderators was modified lately and the idea of an open call was abandoned.

I agree that ProZ.com is not a political site, as defined in the scope definition.

Uldis is an experienced and very valuable moderator who has a clear understanding of the site rules and philosophy.

Regards,
Enrique Cavalitto
Community manager
Collapse

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is not an application Mar 23, 2007

Enrique wrote:

Regards,
Enrique Cavalitto
Community manager

Dear Enrique,

I thank you indeed for your reaction, which I highly appreciate.

My posting is not an unsolicited application for a moderator.
There are, fortunately, many colleagues dealing with the Macedonian language who have much more experience and qualities then I do and who will be able to take the responsibility to lead the Macedonian forum.

This is just a call to finally create a Macedonian forum which will allow all members who speak, read and understand the Macedonian language, and work with it, to communicate with each other in the Macedonian language and discuss issues of common interest which, as far as I can understand, is the fundamental goal and scope of this translation workplace.

Your support in achieving this goal will be more than welcome!

Kind Regards,

Sherefedin Mustafa

Enrique Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Perfectly clear :-) Mar 23, 2007

Dear Enrique,

I thank you indeed for your reaction, which I highly appreciate.

My posting is not an unsolicited application for a moderator.
There are, fortunately, many colleagues dealing with the Macedonian language who have much more experience and qualities then I do and who will be able to take the responsibility to lead the Macedonian forum.

Dear Sherefedin,

I understood your initial post, and besides applications for moderators roles are welcome (prefereably through the Support system).

I mentioned the corresponding procedure only because you included the issue in your post:

Dear Enrique,

Regards,
Enrique

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:44
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
about names Mar 23, 2007

Finally I have a small request: Be so kind and scroll through the language bar of www.proz.com and find out what’s the name of the language I am talking about.

Hi Sherefedin,

I'm sure that Uldis knows very well what language we are talking about and where it can be found on the list of languages in the ProZ menus. However, please be so kind and note that as language professionals we should be very careful with the names we use for our languages. Yes, ProZ uses "Macedonian", but I would claim that it should be changed to Macedonian (Slavic), even on the list you mention (in the same way that I have argued in the past that Farsi should be changed to Persian or Persian (Farsi) and Flemish should be changed to Dutch; this thread is not about these two languages, and my intention is not to start a discussion on them, I'm just mentioning them as an example).
It is our job to make sure that these lists here on ProZ are accurate.

I am in favor of creating such a forum. I think it's an excellent idea since the community wants it, so you certainly have my vote. However, as a person coming from Macedonia in Greece (Thessaloniki, to be exact; not FYROM -the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia), I would need the name of that Forum to indicate (to me and to other Greeks) that it's not my language spoken there, but Slavic Macedonian.

Thanks for listening,
Maria

[Edited at 2007-03-23 14:12]

Enrique Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Locking this thread Mar 23, 2007

This thead was opened asking for the creation of a particular forum. The request was noted and included in the to-do list, therefore thr thread has fulfilled its mission and I am locking it.

Kind regards,
Enrique Cavalitto

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Welcome Macedonian forum

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »