Mobile menu

Anyone use Naturally Speaking voice recognition software?
Thread poster: Sara Freitas

Sara Freitas
Local time: 20:28
French to English
Apr 7, 2003

I was thinking of buying Naturally Speaking (by Dragon) voice recognition software both to increase output and save myself from repetetive-strain type injuries caused by hours of typing.

Have any ProZ out there used this package? If so which version and do you recommend it?

Direct link Reply with quote

sabina moscatelli  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Yes Apr 7, 2003

I Sara. I have been using Dragon Naturally Speaking for almost one year now (I installed the italian version) and I am fully satisfied with it. I bought it in order to relieve my tired shoulders and I must admit that I often use it whenever I am a bit late with a job and want to accelerate. Do not forget however that an attentive proofreading is required with Dragon NS, since spellcheck becomes unuseful.

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:28
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Please search for "voice recognition" in the forums Apr 7, 2003

I posted the same question about two months ago. You can go to this page:

There are also several additional postings, so you can search for the words \"voice recognition\" to get the greatest amount of hits.

In general, everyone thought it was a good tool. I am thinking of purchasing Dragonfly or something similar soon.

Good luck.

Marina Zinno  Identity Verified
French to Italian
+ ...
Dragon Apr 7, 2003

I used dragon naturally speaking, it is a good sftw, I obviously have the italian version, i suppose the 5.0 and after having spent a good half an hour to do a recognition test (better if you do all of them!) it goes very weel (not perfect but I\'m quite happy about that...) the more updated is the version the better is the recognition!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone use Naturally Speaking voice recognition software?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs