Administration tool traNos
Thread poster: Juan0001
Juan0001
Juan0001
Local time: 02:20
Spanish to German
Apr 13, 2003

I got a call of a company from Germany today. They offered me an administration tool for translators and their customers. To get some information (i don\'t buy anything by phone anymore!) they offered me to have a look at a demo version on their website.

They sent me a mail with the links inside at the same day. So I have then looked and stated at these that the surface seems to be a little bit fancy, the product is, however, quite interesting anyway.

In any case i
... See more
I got a call of a company from Germany today. They offered me an administration tool for translators and their customers. To get some information (i don\'t buy anything by phone anymore!) they offered me to have a look at a demo version on their website.

They sent me a mail with the links inside at the same day. So I have then looked and stated at these that the surface seems to be a little bit fancy, the product is, however, quite interesting anyway.

In any case it seems to offer quite a lot for the price (15 Pounds once). And the company guarantees further development?

Does anybody know the product or was anybody already contacted, too? Should I give it a chance?

Many thanks...

P.S.: Sorry I forgot - the thing is called traNOS ...

Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:20
English to German
+ ...
Never heard of that before... Apr 14, 2003

... and searching in google did not return any useful matches.

Could you post the link (personally by email, if you want to).

I\'d love to have a look at it.

Regards,

Sonja

Juan0001
Juan0001
Spanish to German
TOPIC STARTER
Links Apr 14, 2003

Hello Sonja, thanks for your fast reply.

The company sent me two links:

http://www.inphonion.com/demo.html for the demo version and http://www.inphonion.com/tour.html for a tour to get an impression of the tool, best regards, Juan

Lorraine Abbey
Lorraine Abbey  Identity Verified
Ireland
Italian to English
+ ...
tranos Apr 20, 2003

I am downloading it.

I\'ll post my feedback after trying it.

Ciao

Luca

Lorraine Abbey
Lorraine Abbey  Identity Verified
Ireland
Italian to English
+ ...
I didn't really like it May 28, 2003

But I have to say I just spent very little time plying with it.....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Administration tool traNos

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »