Thread poster: Ursula Derx

Ursula Derx  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 13:56
Member (2005)
English to German
Jan 15, 2002

Hi,

I am a freelancer and joining a software-development-team for some months. My task will be to translate the Software itself, as well as translate the help-system of the Software.

We use Robohelp as a tool to write the help-system.

As a tool for the translation, I am thinking of a simple dictionary, e.g. Pons/i-Finger.

Otherwise, there are a lot of powerful tools - however, I have no experience with CATs at all!

Do you think DV could work with Robohelp?

I would be very grateful for any experience or recommendation - reply to this forum or e-mail:

ursula@derx.com

Ursula Derx, Vienna Austria

Direct link Reply with quote

Eivind Lilleskjaeret  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
WinHelp might be tricky -- HTML Help on the other hand... Jan 16, 2002

Dear Ursula,

I think the applicability of CATs in your case depends on whether the help authors write the documentation in WinHelp or HTML. I don\'t know if any CAT tools can handle compiled WinHelp files (.hlp) -- Trados cannot, I believe.

HTML Help on the other hand is a different matter. In Trados, which is the only CAT I am well acquainted with, you can use TagEditor to process HTML-doc\'s to quite good effect.

Good luck!

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Passolo Jan 17, 2002

Hi Ursula,

Have a look at http://www.passolo.com - as far as I know, Passolo can be integrated to work with Trados.

I haven\'t worked with the tool myself, but an overview I saw in a presentation during a recent BDÜ event looked rather promising.

HTH - Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Software program and help-system

Advanced search

Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs