Thread poster: Daina Jauntirans

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:19
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Jan 18, 2002

Hi,

I am not sure whether this topic has been covered here recently, or not, but I am interested in hearing your opinions on/experience with voice recognition software.

I understand that Dragon NaturallySpeaking was considered to be the best (over IBM and Phillips) - has this changed? Does anyone have experience with Version 6? I know the program was acquired by Lernout & Hauspie and then with their demise sold on to another company. I would want some assurance that support would continue and new versions would be available in the future, since the Professional version costs upwards of $500 (well worth the investment if it saves my wrists, I know...) Is the quality of the competitors\' software significantly different?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Daina

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxwilliamson
Local time: 13:19
Dutch to English
+ ...
L&H Jan 19, 2002

L&H was sold to Scansoft, but their website still exists. For assistance, consult both websites

Russell Phillips
Local time: 18:19
Russian to English
+ ...
IBM Via Voice Pro Jan 19, 2002

I have found this package from IBM to be very fast and accurate. Unfortunately I do not know of other competitors, so my experience is not very objective.

Russell Phillips

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Voice recognition software

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs