Thread poster: Daina Jauntirans

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:29
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Jan 18, 2002

Hi,

I am not sure whether this topic has been covered here recently, or not, but I am interested in hearing your opinions on/experience with voice recognition software.

I understand that Dragon NaturallySpeaking was considered to be the best (over IBM and Phillips) - has this changed? Does anyone have experience with Version 6? I know the program was acquired by Lernout & Hauspie and then with their demise sold on to another company. I would want some assurance that support would continue and new versions would be available in the future, since the Professional version costs upwards of $500 (well worth the investment if it saves my wrists, I know...) Is the quality of the competitors\' software significantly different?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Daina

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxwilliamson
Local time: 03:29
Dutch to English
+ ...
L&H Jan 19, 2002

L&H was sold to Scansoft, but their website still exists. For assistance, consult both websites

Russell Phillips
Local time: 08:29
Russian to English
+ ...
IBM Via Voice Pro Jan 19, 2002

I have found this package from IBM to be very fast and accurate. Unfortunately I do not know of other competitors, so my experience is not very objective.

Russell Phillips

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Voice recognition software

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs